Transfers & Grad Transfers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tornado View Post
    then you must be completely besides yourself when you go to the Redbird board - they have two different threads totalling 17 pages
    that are rumoring, claiming & speculating about Yarbough and others leaving....and yet you come here to get snarky about one single post on that same topic?

...and how about your 20-page rumor filled, inaccuracy-filled & speculation-filled thread about players leaving on the Evansville board?
    Oh trust me I've posted over there as well...and on PurpleAcesFans.com as well. Lots of people who claim to know more than they do....which to me is part of the fun of message boards. I find these threads the most enjoyable to follow, which is what my comment was based on.

Every board has a combination of "I heard this 3rd hand from somebody who knows somebody so it must be true" people, the "the sky is always falling" people, and the "remember the good ole days that really weren't that good" people.

That what's makes message boards fun. No insults intended by my post.
    Cheering with pep and vim for the white and purple!

Comment

the stuff reported by people on BradleyFans has been remarkably true & accurate -
      In fact there have been reports here - such as the firing of our former AD - that were ONLY reported here for 1-2 days while everyone went berserk complaining it was not true and whining that is was even unethical to say it unless it was also being reported by the PJS. Well, as always, it turned out to be true because our sources are pretty accurate.
      Meanwhile the PJS has reported gobs of various things like John Wilkins committing to Iowa State, Bruce Weber using the "N" word in front of the Chicago Public School coaches, that Ken Kavanagh was the guy who axed the ITOO Supper, that the attendance dwindled steadily under Jim Les since 2007, that Les was going to be fired after 2010..etc...

But - as always, what is said on message boards is meant as conversation and opinions - readers are intelligent & wise and they draw their own conclusions, just like when I read the news - even the so-called legit-news outlets are prone to lying and exaggerating - so I use my own judgement on what I choose to believe. It has served me well for many decades to do it that way so i am not going to change and just swallow everything they tell us.

Comment

the stuff reported by people on BradleyFans has been remarkably true & accurate -
        In fact there have been reports here - such as the firing of our former AD - that were ONLY reported here for 1-2 days while everyone went berserk complaining it was not true and whining that is was even unethical to say it unless it was also being reported by the PJS. Well, as always, it turned out to be true because our sources are pretty accurate.
        Meanwhile the PJS has reported gobs of various things like John Wilkins committing to Iowa State, Bruce Weber using the "N" word in front of the Chicago Public School coaches, that Ken Kavanagh was the guy who axed the ITOO Supper, that the attendance dwindled steadily under Jim Les since 2007, that Les was going to be fired after 2010..etc...

But - as always, what is said on message boards is meant as conversation and opinions - readers are intelligent & wise and they draw their own conclusions, just like when I read the news - even the so-called legit-news outlets are prone to lying and exaggerating - so I use my own judgement on what I choose to believe. It has served me well for many decades to do it that way so i am not going to change and just swallow everything they tell us.
        Trust me that I believe only half of what is ever written in the Evansville Courier, Bloomington Pantagraph, or Peoria Journal Star.
        Cheering with pep and vim for the white and purple!

Comment

Bloomington native (Central Catholic) Nick Norton is leaving UAB & transferring
          Bradley was once very interested in him - he will be a grad transfer and eligible immediately

Nick's father is currently the head women's basketball coach at UAB
          Randy Norton enters his 12th season as the UAB women’s basketball head coach in the 2024-25 season. Since Norton arrived on campus in 2013, he’s guided the B...

Over the past two seasons, Nick has averaged 5 assists per game plus an Assist to Turnover Ration of 3:1 - both stats would
          put Norton in rare territory at the top of the MVC with players such as Shamet, Paris Lee & Van Vleet...

Comment

Bloomington native (Central Catholic) Nick Norton is leaving UAB & transferring
            Bradley was once very interested in him - he will be a grad transfer and eligible immediately

Nick's father is currently the head women's basketball coach at UAB
            Randy Norton enters his 12th season as the UAB women’s basketball head coach in the 2024-25 season. Since Norton arrived on campus in 2013, he’s guided the B...

Over the past two seasons, Nick has averaged 5 assists per game plus an Assist to Turnover Ration of 3:1 - both stats would
            put Norton in rare territory at the top of the MVC with players such as Shamet, Paris Lee & Van Vleet...

Nick Norton is actually a very good shooter, but didn't shoot much at UAB, and was their 5th scoring option. His shooting dropped off a little this past season, but he was coming off a knee reconstruction for an ACL injury suffered in his first game of his junior season. The team featured 4 other starters who shot significantly more than Nick. I wouldn't be surprised to see a team like ISU go after him, though I have to think he'd prefer a school where he would be a starter and be featured more as a scorer.

Comment

I agree with this. I find information on here before it ever shows up in any newspaper

Comment

I know some will choose to disbelieve but..........
                I once had a DI head coach (at another school - a guy who is now a power-conference assistant) tell me he checked in on BradleyFans almost every day because it was a source for news in DI college basketball that had stuff he wouldn't see nor find anywhere else!

Comment

Originally posted by Da Coach View Post
                  I have heard info that Bradley is communicating with a couple D1 grad-transfers. Nothing concrete developing yet, but the ones I have heard would really help Bradley.
                  Any smoke on this front or even on the high school senior front? It seems to be awfully quiet right now, and I would love to get a commitment to keep the momentum going gained from last season.

Comment

Nothing to report just yet. 2018 spring signing period starts a week from tomorrow (April 11-May 16). We should hear some news soon. I believe there will be some kids visiting in the next couple weeks.

Comment

Just saw on Twitter that Bradley has been in contact with Illinois transfer TeJon Lucas.

Comment

How Many?

Originally posted by Da Coach View Post
                        Nothing to report just yet. 2018 spring signing period starts a week from tomorrow (April 11-May 16). We should hear some news soon. I believe there will be some kids visiting in the next couple weeks.
                        If we sign Brummett and Boya, do we have one more scholly to fill?

Comment

We will have 2 more to fill if we sign Brummett and Boya.

Thomas, McGlaston, Barker and Stipanovich are all vacating their scholarships.

Comment

Originally posted by MDCowboy View Post

Brummett should sign a NLI, however, I do not believe Boya will. Acording to the NLI website, NLI's are only for high school or prep school seniors, or for junior college players in their final year at juco.
                            Since Boya is not technically a senior, and will need more academic work in the summer to be able to graduate, I do not believe he will be eligible to sign an NLI in this coming spring signing period (April 11-May 16).

Comment

I think the rule on that is not always clear...
                              it appears he CAN sign a letter of intent if he expects to be fully eligible to enroll at Bradley by the first day of classes in fall 2018 or is working towards that ...
                              then even if not, there is no penalty and the Letter of Intent is simply "null and void".

here is a statement on the NLI website regarding students who are working towards being certified as eligible to sign a Letter of Intent:

"You may sign an NLI before you receive your final certification
                              determination from the NCAA Eligibility Center. When you sign an NLI, you
                              agree to submit the necessary information and documents to the Eligibility
                              Center. These documents do not have to be received by the Eligibility Center
                              before you sign an NLI. Later if you are determined by the Eligibility Center
                              to be a nonqualifier per NCAA rules, this means you are not eligible at the
                              NLI member institution for practice, competition and athletics aid. Your NLI
                              will be declared null and void by the NLI signing institution, if by the opening
                              day of classes, you are not academically eligible."

Comment

Originally posted by MDCowboy View Post

Thanks, MDCowboy!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X