Transfers & Grad Transfers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfers & Grad Transfers

I won't keep track of all of them - just the ones who may be of value or have interest...will avoid those who can't score at least double digits...

Aaron Calixte - Maine - 17.1 ppg - http://goblackbears.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3801

Mark Smith - Illinois - Mr. Basketball 2017 - LINK

Here's a pretty good list of transfers-

I think the last couple experiences our coaches had with transfers has made it even less likely that we'll see another one any time soon.

Comment

Mark Smith

Are our coaches in contact with Mark Smith? Would we have any chance.
      Wiz

Comment

Originally posted by wizard View Post
        Wiz

Comment

Originally posted by wizard View Post
          Wiz
          I am a Mark Smith fan. I think he could be a dominant guard by Jr and Sr year if his work ethic is what Underwood described it to be. I personally think he should have stuck it out at Illinois because I think he just needs more time focusing on just basketball. That being said, I would be strongly in favor of him coming to BU because he could be an all-conference type in a couple of years. However, I think he has his sights set on P5. I hope I am wrong though because if he wants to be the man (as some are posting on other boards) he should go to a mid-major.

Comment

I get the sense that Mark Smith, like a lot of kids has advisors who are steering him...and that he's gonna listen to those same people who steered him to Illinois - we see it all the time..

Illini reporter Mark Tupper thinks Finke will be the next to leave as a grad transfer to Grand Canyon to play with his brother- LINK

Comment

Is Laron Black eligible to transfer as a grad transfer? He would fill a huge need.
              DUBL R 1

Comment

Originally posted by Dubl R 1 View Post
                Is Laron Black eligible to transfer as a grad transfer? He would fill a huge need.
                Leron Black did redshirt his 2nd year at Illinois, so he has been there now for 4 years, even though he is just a junior eligibility-wise and has another year of eligibility left. So it's possible he might be on track to graduate, but I can't find that anyone has reported that.
                In any event, I don't think any of our coaches have a direct connection to him, nor can I see him being interested in dropping down to Bradley. But he did play for the Team Thad AAU program out of Memphis, and our coaches have recruited a bunch of kids from that program.
                He is clearly Illinois' best player, and would be a prize for any coach to go after if he does become a transfer.

Comment

maybe a little stretch but....Black could be a Xavier McDaniel-like player in the Valley, he could lead the MVC in scoring & rebounding
                  At Illinois, he plays 25 minutes per game- if he chose to play in the MVC and get 32-35 mpg, he would get 25 ppg/12 rpg
                  In the BT, nobody notices his contributions (HM only) because he's on a bottom-dweller

Comment

Originally posted by tornado View Post
                    maybe a little stretch but....Black could be a Xavier McDaniel-like player in the Valley, he could lead the MVC in scoring & rebounding
                    At Illinois, he plays 25 minutes per game- if he chose to play in the MVC and get 32-35 mpg, he would get 25 ppg/12 rpg
                    In the BT, nobody notices his contributions (HM only) because he's on a bottom-dweller
                    Although I agree that he would be dominant in the MVC. If he leaves IL for another school, there is no way he goes to a mid-major. The reason he only gets 25 mpg is because of foul trouble, I doubt that would change in the Valley.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Coach View Post
                      Leron Black did redshirt his 2nd year at Illinois, so he has been there now for 4 years, even though he is just a junior eligibility-wise and has another year of eligibility left. So it's possible he might be on track to graduate....
                      Leron Black has informed the coaching staff that he is going pro and will forego his final year of college eligibility

Comment

Guard that shoots 44% from 3 - 87% FT

Shea Feehan played for Eureka college last year averaged 30.6 ppg is a tough kid .
                        Graduated early is looking to transfer to get his Master's.
                        He was thinking about DePaul but heard his parents would like him to go to BRADLEY.
                        44% from 3
                        87% FT

Comment

could be a Reed Timmer - but undersized - listed at 6-0, 155

Comment

Feehan is an incredible shooter. He could help some D1.
                            I just do not think it will be Bradley.

Comment

I am hearing from an ISU insider that if their leading scorer Milik Yarbrough is able to graduate this spring as he is planning on, he will look to transfer elsewhere as a grad transfer.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X