Collapse

Transfers & Grad Transfers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of DePaul's starters, sophomore Brandon Cyrus, is leaving and transferring.

Comment

Originally posted by tornado View Post
      Illini's Michael Finke is leaving and transferring - his brother is going to Grand Canyon University.
      It didn't take long for Illinois coach Brad Underwood to replace Finke- he just got a commitment from a big 6'10" raw kid from Vienna, Austria named Giorgi Bezhanishvili. He is originally from the country of Georgia.

Videos-
      Delsontraining. The Patrick School. NBA. Elite Training. Basketball Workouts. Ballislife. Elite prospect. Overseas basketball. Basketball. Basketball game. NBA.

The Patrick School. NBA. Elite. Basketball. Handles. Ballislife. Elite Training. Basketball Workouts. NCAA Basketball. Basketball prospect. Delsontraining.

At least from those videos, it looks like the kid can dunk. It appears he has limited offensive skills other than that. But with the severe lack of big men that Illinois has now that Black and Finke left early, he should get plenty of playing time.

Comment

Here is a transfer with a Bradley connection-
        6'3" sophomore guard Carlos Johnson is leaving University of Washington and transferring.

He was recruited by Brian Wardle, and was offered a Bradley scholarship back in May, 2015, just after Wardle was named head coach at Bradley

Old Bradley thread-

He played a lot as a freshman and even started a few games and averaged 5.9 ppg & 3.0 rpg. But it appears he might have been recruited over by new head coach Mike Hopkins. As a result, he only played in 17 games this season as a sophomore and averaged 3.8ppg & 1.4 rpg.

Ftr, I don't see Bradley being interested, as their needs are different at this time.

Comment

I have heard info that Bradley is communicating with a couple D1 grad-transfers. Nothing concrete developing yet, but the ones I have heard would really help Bradley.

Comment

grad transfer from Albany -
            Joe Cremo - averages 18 ppg and hits 46% from 3-pt (76-166), 82% on a whopping 160 FT attempts- while also averaging 4 assists per game, decent defender -

Comment

Originally posted by Da Coach View Post
              Let me clarify, this isn't my opinion, it comes from someone close to the ISU program and apparently Yarbrough has already been "looking into his transfer options". I actually have my doubts it will happen. But my source is usually accurate.

But if Yarbrough's goal is to get a chance to play in the NBA, that may not be as likely to happen if he stays at ISU. Maybe MiKyle McIntosh's experience at Oregon has shown him he can better his chances by moving to a power 6 conference? If he is able to graduate, he'd be in high demand as a grad transfer.
              Illinois State junior and Missouri Valley Conference Newcomer of the Year Milik Yarbrough has announced that he will not enter his name into the 2018 NBA Draft.

Comment

Love all the people with "friends close to the program". Happening for my Aces too with a lot of fake news. Happy for ISU that he's coming back
                Cheering with pep and vim for the white and purple!

Comment

So are you saying he never "looked onto his transfer options?" I find that extremely unlikely. In fact, if he hadn't been considering leaving, why is there a need for such celebration now that he has said he is staying?
                  As I said, I doubted in the end he would leave. But I do believe the reports that he consulted with people about his options, and was advised to stay in school (meaning he would not have gotten drafted).

Comment

In another breaking news story, Matt Hein is not entering the NBA Draft
                    In another breaking news story, Taylor Bruninga is not entering the NBA Draft
                    In an...

and as far as "fake news" is concerned - I actually see less on message boards than I do on CNN and other sources who claim to be legit journalists..
                    Most of the news stories involving anything significant about Bradley is discussed here for days before it appears in the "news".
                    But in the end - just because it seems something turns out different than it was formerly discussed, doesn't mean it's wrong...
                    heck, the stories about the 3x3U Tournament all said there were 32 teams - but turned out there were only 31...

Originally posted by PurpleAceFan View Post
                    Love all the people with "friends close to the program". ...
                    then you must be completely besides yourself when you go to the Redbird board - they have two different threads totalling 17 pages
                    that are rumoring, claiming & speculating about Yarbough and others leaving....and yet you come here to get snarky about one single post on that same topic?

...and how about your 20-page rumor filled, inaccuracy-filled & speculation-filled thread about players leaving on the Evansville board?

Comment

I am hearing from an ISU insider that if their leading scorer Milik Yarbrough is able to graduate this spring as he is planning on, he will look to transfer elsewhere as a grad transfer.
                      This was never true. He never looked elsewhere as a grad transfer.

Comment

I can't see how one can know that for sure- the best one could say is that you are unaware he ever did

Comment

Originally posted by cpacmel View Post
                          This was never true. He never looked elsewhere as a grad transfer.

I never said it was true. You apparently didn't read my post clearly. I said that it was an ISU insider who said, "IF their leading scorer Milik Yarbrough is able to graduate this spring....he will look to transfer elsewhere as a grad transfer".
                          Nowhere did I ever say it was true nor that it was my prediction, nor that he was definitely going to graduate or to transfer.

And please don't act like this whole "Yarbrough not returning" thing was started here. It was not. It was started by people on your Redbird Forum months before anyone mentioned it here, and it has been discussed and repeated by many there.

Comment

Let me clarify, this isn't my opinion, it comes from someone close to the ISU program and apparently Yarbrough has already been "looking into his transfer options" I actually have my doubts it will happen. But my source is usually accurate.
                            Now Da Coach just because I keep quoting your posts doesn??™t mean I??™m calling you out. But you are the one with the so called ???ISU insider???, who in your own words is almost always correct.

Anyways...getting back to the underlined part above. Milik had already started looking into transfer options...that simply is not true. Nor was it ever true.

The only fear was going pro. But believe what you want to believe.

Comment

And you are welcome to believe whoever or whatever you want. My sources have rarely been wrong.

I wonder...does this mean he is not on track to graduate?

Comment

I wonder...does this mean he is not on track to graduate?
                                Him graduating before the summer was over never a possibility.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X