Collapse

Transfers & Grad Transfers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not saying I know, but just a couple days ago it was reported that the Evansville offer was his 2nd offer to go with Manhattan (his 3rd) & Bryant (1st)

Comment

• Originally posted by tornado View Post
      not saying I know, but just a couple days ago it was reported that the Evansville offer was his 2nd offer to go with Manhattan (his 3rd) & Bryant (1st)
      https://twitter.com/Sports_Aaron/sta...01944473612289
      I learn this from a close friend of the family he showed me text from Shea there were at least 10, a lot more were interested.

Comment

• again, I have no direct info but some thoughts on scholarship offers
        As I zoom through twitter on an hourly basis over this evaluation period for men's basketball I see that basically every single prospect has...

but Shea Feehan does announce for Evansville

Comment

again, I have no direct info but some thoughts on scholarship offers
          As I zoom through twitter on an hourly basis over this evaluation period for men's basketball I see that basically every single prospect has...

but Shea Feehan does announce for Evansville

Glad to have Shea with my Aces. Yes he may be slight, but he will hopefully provide some leadership to a now very young Aces team. Cautiously optimistic on the players that Coach M has signed, but know that it may be tough the next year or two. Tough when you sign so many this later in the period, but on paper it looks like he did about as well as could be expected. He has also upgraded the schedule quite a bit.

As far as offers, nobody really knows. Too many schools fans use the excuse that "we cooled on them" or "we really didn't offer" to save face or to make themselves feel better. Having a very close family friend who plays D1 right now in a strong mid-major, I have personally witnessed coaches saying "if you sign now we will give you an offer". When he asked to think about it the response was "if you do decide to come we will extend the offer again". This was just last year and included a few Valley schools that took that approach. I don't put a lot of credence until the player actually signs and the offers are made known in the media releases.
          Cheering with pep and vim for the white and purple!

Comment

• well, a couple of my own kids have gone thru the recruiting process - not DI, but it's pretty much the same at all levels, and we were told numerous times that if it's an offer, it will be in writing - maybe initially it could be verbal but at some point if they really want you they offer in writing...
            I suppose some coaches may offer verbally or by phone or text, then not followup with anything else, but those are the offers that wouldn't be solid enough for me to put my house on the market and move just yet...
            Verbal comments to kids like ...
            "we will be tracking you and if you show continued improvement, or if you qualify with your SAT score,
            or if anyone on the roster leaves, or we are waiting for 1 or 2 other open offers to decide....
            then a spot will be available for you" - are common but not real offers, but a lot of kids might count those situations so as to inflate their number of offers.

In the end, nobody really knows - it is between the coach & the recruit and the real meaning or intent of the communication is determined by the one making the statement or offer and not by the one hearing it...
            Last edited by tornado; 05-18-2018, 09:15 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BRADLEY FAN 49 View Post
              I learn this from a close friend of the family he showed me text from Shea there were at least 10, a lot more were interested.
              This just is not true.
              You've been Sniped

Comment

• Originally posted by Serbiansniper34 View Post
                This just is not true.
                How then do you think I posted this first

Comment

• Originally posted by BRADLEY FAN 49 View Post
                  How then do you think I posted this first
                  Posted what first? All you said was that you heard he had 10 offers. I am saying that isn't true. If he had 10 offers, why are you the only one saying it? What were the other schools?
                  You've been Sniped

Comment

• Originally posted by Serbiansniper34 View Post
                    Posted what first? All you said was that you heard he had 10 offers. I am saying that isn't true. If he had 10 offers, why are you the only one saying it? What were the other schools?
                    no, in fact "49" seems to know a lot about what's going on...

back in early March, he was the first to say Shea was leaving Eureka and transferring - a month before just about anyone else reported it..

and he was also the first to note that Shea had decided on Evansville - even a couple hours before Shea made the announcement

clearly he does have a good source for the info before anyone else knows...

but seeing how hot the market is for scorers- this kid just announced he's transferring...
                    a 19.8 ppg scorer from Towson...

a second Towson kid averaging almost 10ppg/7rpg is also transferring - LINK

Comment

no, in fact "49" seems to know a lot about what's going on...

back in early March, he was the first to say Shea was leaving Eureka and transferring - a month before just about anyone else reported it..

and he was also the first to note that Shea had decided on Evansville - even a couple hours before Shea made the announcement

clearly he does have a good source for the info before anyone else knows...

I mean, I like to think I have pretty good sources too. I posted that there was a 99% chance Shea was going to either Evansville or Drake. Their group was expecting an offer from Drake that never came publicly. You can extrapolate that out since he wasn't offered by Drake that he would be going to Evansville.

I admit thats a stretch and i never explicitly said that, so whatever, I don't care about credit for the report or anything. But anyone who is friends with Shea on snapchat knew he was going to Evansville.

I just want to know who these 10 schools were that offered Shea.
                      You've been Sniped

Comment

• An interesting story....
                        One of Northwestern's incoming class of 2018, a pretty good 6'4" point guard named Jordan Lathon, just had his scholarship and admission revoked by Northwestern administration.

This really hurts Northwestern coming off a terrible 2017-18 season. They don't have any other point guards on their roster for next season and Lathon was projected to be their likely starting and primary point guard for 2018-19.

Profile-

No details were released about the reason his admission was denied, but it might be related to Northwestern's higher academic standards. It will be interesting to see where he might land. I expect there will be no shortage of schools looking to land a quality point guard this late. He is from Grandview, Missouri, which is adjacent to Lee's Summit, MO, home of Elijah Childs. There are no reports that Bradley recruited him, however, one of his other scholarship offers was from Illinois.

Comment

• New grad transfer on the market- 6-9, 245 lb

one year left to play, immediately eligible
                          Christian Mekowulu from Tennessee State (RPI 191) (originally from Lagos, Nigeria)
                          The OVC Defensive Player of the Year
                          Full time starter there, 29.1 minutes per game, 52% FG shooting , 75% FT shooting
                          12.7 ppg, 7.9 rebounds, 46 blocks, 27 steals
                          every one of those seven stats would have either lead Bradley or placed him in the TOP 2 or 3 players on the team

I say let's get the guy!!

Comment

• not too big of a surprise - but the timing is odd....

Illini's Greg Eboigbodin is leaving and will transfer...
                            he was greatly overmatched at the Big Ten level and obviously was aiming too high

Comment

not too big of a surprise - but the timing is odd....

Illini's Greg Eboigbodin is leaving and will transfer...
                              he was greatly overmatched at the Big Ten level and obviously was aiming too high
                              Why do you believe he was greatly overmatched? I watched a majority of their games, and I thought he looked like a freshman big in the Big Ten. He gave them energy, usually off the bench, and could finish around the rim.

Comment

• well, I could buy the freshman argument if we saw evidence that he got better as the year progressed, but it was just the opposite...

I am an Illinois grad (grad school) so I would love to see them do well. BUT my biggest disappointment and the reason I have just given up on them is the persistent desire to try to win in the Big Ten with midmajor talent - especially in the paint...
                                I mean no disrespect but Mike Tisdale, Billy Cole, Nnanna Egwu, Mike Thorne, and anyone else you wanna name - then add Eboigbodin - would have had nice careers in the MVC - but in the Big Ten, they were a huge part of why Illinois hasn't had a really good year with a good post player since Brian Cook.

He was very overmatched in every outing I ever saw and his numbers kinda prove it - and even worse - he produced less & less as the season wore on
                                Other observers also used the term "overmatched" and I just read a 90-response thread about his transferring and at least 80 of the 90 responses kinda said the same.
                                Last edited by tornado; 06-07-2018, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X