2018 Valley recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cpacmel View Post
    He Is on scholarship and can practice with the team.
    Sure? Sorry if I misspoke, but I got that from this NCAA page-

Nonqualifier (Division I or II): A student-athlete planning to attend a Division I or II school who has not met academic requirements to be a Division I or II qualifier. If you are a nonqualifier, you may not practice, compete or receive an athletics scholarship from a Division I or II school during your first year of full-time enrollment.

Maybe there are exceptions?

Comment

• You are correct. I found that in 2016, the NCAA changed the rule regarding Prop 48 student-athletes. They now can receive scholarship aid, and practice with their team.
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proposition_48_(NCAA)

Thanks for the correction.

However, Jim Benson said he will have 4 years of eligibility. If he is a Prop 48 academic non-qualifier, unless they changed this part, too, he does not automatically get the 4th year of eligibility. However, he can regain the 4th year if he meets certain NCAA guidelines and maintaining good academic standing after his 3rd year.

Comment

• just when you thought all the recruiting news for Fall 2018 was done....

SIU lands a late addition...

Sekou Dembele
        a Mali native that has been in the US less than a year...

He is reportedly enrolled but he is apparently not yet "cleared"

Comment

• It looks like SIU was the only offer reported-

This age shows his stats in the 2017 FIBA U-19 Basketball World Cup-

That would make him 20 years old already if his birthdate is correct.

Comment

• he had 13 pts in that one game against Canada...
            but that game was a blowout with Canada jumping out to a huge lead and blowing away to a 50-point win
            Interestingly, FIBA stats keep track of the players' +/- and Dembele's in that game was -39, one of the worst efficiency stats I have ever seen.

Comment

• Originally posted by tornado View Post
              as suspected - something was definitely up with Grant Gelon, the one-time Indiana Hoosier...
              who dropped off his juco team and was said by the Missouri State beat writer to still be headed to Missouri State...but I had my doubt...

Now Gelon has asked for his release *l...
              this is a puzzle tho as to whether he can commit somewhere else and still be eligible in 2018 -
              there were conflicting reports - their beat writer had said he enrolled at Missouri State for this current semester. He was never officially on the team but he might have to sit out a whole year...
              but a separate source said Gelon had left juco and went back to his home in Indiana to wait out the semester. I guess we'll see if he suits up elsewhere...??¦...
              Grant Gelon does reappear.....
              This is really interesting....he was a Big Ten recruit (Indiana) then left, went to juco then committed to Missouri State
              ...but finally he lands at Trinity International- a tiny little NAIA-Division II school (1099 undergrads) in Deerfield IL
              It is mostly known for it's Seminary School and a few of their well known grads such as Ravi Zacharaias

Grant Gelon (3) Guard - Prior to TIU: Played sophomore season at State Fair Community College … played in 14 games, averaged 10.6 points … played freshman season

Comment

• Originally posted by tornado View Post
                as expected, Kendle Moore - after he decommitted from Drake when the coach left, has now committed to Colorado State and is following Niko Medved there
                ..watch to see if Messiah Jones does the same
                Danville's Kendle Moore is a kid that Bradley looked at both before and after he decommited from Drake,
                but he landed at Colorado State where Drake head coach Niko Medved went...

He played his very first game as a freshman Wednesday night...
                and in a 100-66 victory for Colorado State, Kendle Moore started, went 9-11, 4-5 from 3-pt, 26 points, 4 rebs, 4 asst.
                not a bad 1st game ever....

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Coach View Post
                  2022 recruit Amari Bailey, who had given DePaul head coach Dave Leitao a verbal commitment back in August now has his mother tweet out that he is not longer committed to DePaul...
                  2022 recruit Amari Bailey - who has just barely started his freshman year in high school, now commits to UCLA.
                  He's still 3 years away from signing a Letter of Intent - so let's see how many more times he changes his mind before then.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Coach View Post

DePaul, which already had one verbal commit from an 8th grader (class of 2022)- a 2-star 6'2" point guard named Amari Bailey-
                    http://verbalcommits.com/players/amari-bailey....
                    Class of 2022 recruit Amari Bailey is now well on the way to earning the label the most fickle recruit...

Amari Bailey of the Mac Irvin Fire committed to DePaul while he was in 8th grade, then he DECOMMITTED....
                    ...Now, as a freshman he verbaled to UCLA - and even before he enters his sophomore year he DECOMMITS from UCLA also

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X