Collapse

2018 Valley recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The top 50 talk is insane. He’s nowhere to be found on the recruiting rankings and 2 stars. Boya on the other hand is rated 150ish for his class on 247. Wouldn’t surprise me if those other late offers were contingent on redshirting. Also the Shocker beatwriter said Marshall cooled on him after his visit there. Still a good get, no reason to believe he can’t become a beast down the road. You can’t teach that wingspan.
    BRADLEY BASKETBALL
    -2 NCAA Title Games
    -3 NCAA Elite Eights
    -4 NCAA Sweet 16s
    -4 NIT Championships

Comment

• time will tell - but he's obviously got potential...
      I just wonder how much he will help next year - as their only guys who have played the center or power forward position all have little experience there except Fayne.
      If Fayne goes out it's up to Bruninga, Idowu, Litwiller & Ndiaye.

Looks like only Drake & Evansville have a way to go....
      but I am surprised that Loyola hasn't filled their open scholarships - you'd have thought top kids would be calling them to transfer there

Bradley - Armon Brummett, Chudier Bile- signed (2 open scholarship- altho Aristide Boya may reclassify as 2018 )
      Drake - Matt Gray, Garrett Sturtz (walk on), UAB transfer Nick Norton, grad-transfer Brady Ellingson, Liam Robbins, DJ Wilkins, Anthony & Tremell Murphy (3 scholarships open)
      Evansville - Rosel Hurley, DeAndre Williams, Jawaun Newton, Shamar Samuels-Givance (may still have 3-4 open scholarships)
      Illinois State - Rey Idowu*, Josh Jefferson, Zach Copeland- eligible 2018-19, Dedric Boyd, Jaycee Hillsman, Abdou Ndiaye, Ilijah Donnelly - walk-on (0 scholarships open - oversigned presently)
      Indiana State - De'Avion Washington*, Blake Brinkmeyer*, Cooper Neese (transfer - eligible in 2018-19) (0 scholarships open)
      Loyola - Franklin Agunanne*, Isaiah Bujdoso*, Cooper Kaifes*, Tate Hall (transfer, not eligible until 2019) Will Adcock (walk-on) (2 open scholarships)
      Missouri State - Kabir Mohammed* (juco), Jared Ridder (transfer not eligible until 2018 but won't sign a LOI), ** new - Darnell Butler, Jr., Keandre Cook, Szymon & Jan Wojcik (2 scholarships open)
      UNI - AJ Green*, Shandon Goldman, Tray Croft, Trae Berhow (transfer, won't be available until 2019-20) (1 scholarship left)
      SIU - Darius Beane*, Sam Shafer*, Amadou Fall* (** has not played yet this year) (0 scholarships open)
      Valparaiso - Javon Freeman-Liberty*, Daniel Sackey, Langston Stalling - walk-on (2 open scholarships)

Bradley - Aristide Boya (may reclassify as 2018 ) (7 open scholarships)
      Evansville - (at least 5-6 open scholarships)
      ISU - Dedric Boyd, Jaycee Hillsman both ineligible until fall of 2019 (2 open scholarships)
      Loyola - Tate Hall (transfer, eligible in 2019-2020) (4 open scholarships)
      Missouri State - Tyem Freeman (6 or 7 open scholarships)
      UNI - James Betz, Trae Berhhow (transfer, eligible in 2019-2020) (3 open scholarships)
      Last edited by tornado; 05-03-2018, 04:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikovio View Post
        The top 50 talk is insane. He??™s nowhere to be found on the recruiting rankings and 2 stars. Boya on the other hand is rated 150ish for his class on 247. Wouldn??™t surprise me if those other late offers were contingent on redshirting. Also the Shocker beatwriter said Marshall cooled on him after his visit there. Still a good get, no reason to believe he can??™t become a beast down the road. You can??™t teach that wingspan.
        Tough to tell since he was not here long enough to be evaluated by most of the services. I agree with Tornado (first time I've ever said that ) that given the schools recruiting him he certainly has high potential. Can't remember the last time that UE (or most schools in the Valley) beat out a group of schools like this for a recruit.

Also love the comment from the WSU beat writer that they had "cooled off on him". He says that about every recruit that they don't get. The fact that HCGM flew down to see him on his private plane and then had him in for a visit where they did a full court press to get him to sign while he was there, tells me otherwise. The fact that he did not pick WSU when they have such a turnover of players from graduations to people leaving, tells me that something had to turn him off. Playing time was certainly going to be available there for his apparent skill set.

I don't know why schools can't just say "we got beat". So sad.
        Cheering with pep and vim for the white and purple!

Comment

• Here's a video of him from early in December - he is listed as 6-8 when he was at his former school, "The Masters School" in Dobbs Ferry NY
          - he says he models his game after Kevin Durant & Anthony Davis, and wants to play in the NBA!
          Abdou Ndiaye, a 6-foot-8 Division I prospect recently transferred to the Masters School in Dobbs Ferry. He speaks about his aspirations, Dec. 12, 2016.

Comment

• A lot of people like to look at the number of stars next to a recruit's name in order to deem them worthy of a scholarship offer. If that were the case with 6'10 Abdou Ndiaye,

This guy kinda likes him.

Comment

• Looks like Abdou Ndiaye played AAU ball last summer for an UnderArmour sponsored team in New York-

Averages- 3.8 ppg and 4.1 rpg

Comment

• I am impressed in how extensive their AAU stats site is....
                Illinois Wolves held him to 3 pts/3 reb
                and ...16 games/zero assists

Comment

• Ok we get it. You think he is no good just like every recruit ISU gets.

BTW if your going to post stats you need to post more then just the hand picked bad games you find. Also going off AAU stats you find on the internet shows how out of touch you truly are.

Comment

• Originally posted by mvcfan View Post
                    It's a UNLV blogger talking up a guy his school offered and there's still plenty of criticisms from the game he saw.

"I have seen clips where he knocks down midrange jumpers, and even three pointers off of this action, but in this game he only attempted the one three, and it missed rather badly."

"Abdou does struggle with position rebounding. At the next level, a stronger post player will be able to keep him off the glass."

"Another issue I spotted was his tendency to ball watch on the offensive side of the floor."

"The other foible he possesses was being a tad overzealous when he makes a post move. There were a couple times when he initiated a drop step (Which did look nice), and he heaved a wild hook at the basket that was totally off target. Another sequence had him leading a fastbreak, where he clanged a point blank layup attempt."
                    I think some pushback is warranted given all the crazy pronouncements we've heard on this guy-- his prep coach calling him top 50, the ISU beat writer proclaiming ISU the "undisputed Valley favs" -- laughable considering we have a Final Four team with its best player back.
                    BRADLEY BASKETBALL
                    -2 NCAA Title Games
                    -3 NCAA Elite Eights
                    -4 NCAA Sweet 16s
                    -4 NIT Championships

Comment

• Originally posted by mvcfan View Post
                      Ok we get it. You think he is no good just like every recruit ISU gets.

BTW if your going to post stats you need to post more then just the hand picked bad games you find. Also going off AAU stats you find on the internet shows how out of touch you truly are.
                      you have to be kidding - the most ridiculous stats are those he racked up playing against tiny school & home-schooled competition in Florida where he stood undefended in the lane the whole game dunking for 53 points.
                      Of the dozen or so DI schools in Florida, some practically walking distance, how many offered? How many even came to look at him? I think you know the answer.
                      I have no problem with ISU people hyping their recruits, but what's posted here are stats from the standard AAU season, bringing the narrative back to the real world- and everyone is familiar with AAU level of play, so why aren't those 16 games more relevant?
                      They are 16 games against other similar AAU teams -- hardly "hand picked bad games". This discussion of him averaging 27 ppg sounds like those discussion of the Drake & UNI guys putting up 45 points per game and hitting 60% on 3 pointers in their summer leagues over there..

btw- did you go over to the other Peoria message board and scold your buds there? - they are ridiculing Abdou way worse than anywhere else.

Comment

• Missouri State gets on the board again for 2019 with Jamonta Black

Bradley - Armon Brummett, Chudier Bile- signed (2 open scholarship- altho Aristide Boya may reclassify as 2018 )
                        Drake - Matt Gray, Garrett Sturtz (walk on), UAB transfer Nick Norton, grad-transfer Brady Ellingson, Liam Robbins, DJ Wilkins, Anthony & Tremell Murphy (3 scholarships open)
                        Evansville - Rosel Hurley, DeAndre Williams, Jawaun Newton, Shamar Samuels-Givance (may still have 3-4 open scholarships)
                        Illinois State - Rey Idowu*, Josh Jefferson, Zach Copeland- eligible 2018-19, Dedric Boyd, Jaycee Hillsman, Abdou Ndiaye, Ilijah Donnelly - walk-on (0 scholarships open - oversigned presently)
                        Indiana State - De'Avion Washington*, Blake Brinkmeyer*, Cooper Neese (transfer - eligible in 2018-19) (0 scholarships open)
                        Loyola - Franklin Agunanne*, Isaiah Bujdoso*, Cooper Kaifes*, Tate Hall (transfer, not eligible until 2019) Will Adcock (walk-on) (2 open scholarships)
                        Missouri State - Kabir Mohammed* (juco), Jared Ridder (transfer not eligible until 2018 but won't sign a LOI), ** new - Darnell Butler, Jr., Keandre Cook, Szymon & Jan Wojcik (possibly 1 scholarship open)
                        UNI - AJ Green*, Shandon Goldman, Tray Croft, Trae Berhow (transfer, won't be available until 2019-20) (1 scholarship left)
                        SIU - Darius Beane*, Sam Shafer*, Amadou Fall* (** has not played yet this year) (0 scholarships open)
                        Valparaiso - Javon Freeman-Liberty*, Daniel Sackey, Langston Stalling - walk-on (2 open scholarships)

Bradley - Aristide Boya (may reclassify as 2018 ) (7 open scholarships)
                        Evansville - (at least 5-6 open scholarships)
                        ISU - Dedric Boyd, Jaycee Hillsman both ineligible until fall of 2019 (2 open scholarships)
                        Loyola - Tate Hall (transfer, eligible in 2019-2020) (4 open scholarships)
                        Missouri State - Tyem Freeman, Jamonta Black (3-4 open scholarships)
                        UNI - James Betz, Trae Berhhow (transfer, eligible in 2019-2020) (3 open scholarships)

Comment

• Originally posted by tornado View Post
                          you have to be kidding - the most ridiculous stats are those he racked up playing against tiny school & home-schooled competition in Florida where he stood undefended in the lane the whole game dunking for 53 points.
                          Of the dozen or so DI schools in Florida, some practically walking distance, how many offered? How many even came to look at him? I think you know the answer.
                          I have no problem with ISU people hyping their recruits, but what's posted here are stats from the standard AAU season, bringing the narrative back to the real world- and everyone is familiar with AAU level of play, so why aren't those 16 games more relevant?
                          They are 16 games against other similar AAU teams -- hardly "hand picked bad games". This discussion of him averaging 27 ppg sounds like those discussion of the Drake & UNI guys putting up 45 points per game and hitting 60% on 3 pointers in their summer leagues over there..

btw- did you go over to the other Peoria message board and scold your buds there? - they are ridiculing Abdou way worse than anywhere else.
                          Can't we all just get along.

Let's just agree that......all Bradley fans think their recruits are great and other school's are not......all ISU fans think their recruits are great and other school's are not.....it's called being a fan.

I personally don't have time to do detailed research on each player to try to prove my opinion, when in the fact that's what it is from everybody on here.....it's an opinion.

ISU beating out four great schools to get a player with potential is great. I long for the days that UE beats out this sort of competition for a player. Hard pressed to find a 2018 recruit that had offers in hand from a better group of schools.....but I suppose that will be wrong as well. It is however my opinion.

In the end it means nothing until you get them on the court. None of the recruits do, so be happy for the people you have signed, be hopeful that the MVC overall gets better, and don't always try to run each other down. Life is way too short.
                          Cheering with pep and vim for the white and purple!

Comment

• I agree Purple Ace Fan. Let??™s just worry about our teams recruits, whatever team they are, and stop worrying about other teams recruits.
                            What part of illegal don't you understand?

Comment

• Originally posted by PurpleAceFan View Post
                              Can't we all just get along.

Let's just agree that......all Bradley fans think their recruits are great and other school's are not......all ISU fans think their recruits are great and other school's are not.....it's called being a fan.

I personally don't have time to do detailed research on each player to try to prove my opinion, when in the fact that's what it is from everybody on here.....it's an opinion.

ISU beating out four great schools to get a player with potential is great. I long for the days that UE beats out this sort of competition for a player. Hard pressed to find a 2018 recruit that had offers in hand from a better group of schools.....but I suppose that will be wrong as well. It is however my opinion.

In the end it means nothing until you get them on the court. None of the recruits do, so be happy for the people you have signed, be hopeful that the MVC overall gets better, and don't always try to run each other down. Life is way too short.
                              I am with you. I want to see all of the MVC schools do well. I consider recruiting an exercise in probabilities, in which some recruits turn out to be great (e.g. Cunningham, although he transferred) and others do not. Nevertheless, I am delighted when any MVC school has a signing in which it beats out higher-ranked programs.

Comment

• FWIW, Aristide Boya (now ranked 180th in his class) almost certainly would have fielded P5 offers if he didn't commit last September. Ndiaye's holding out paid off-- he only had a McNeese State offer until late April. I think it's good for the Valley to beat out these big schools on any occasion, absolutely. Should be fun to see these guys battle for years to come.

UNI's AJ Green had offers from Clemson, Virginia, Iowa State, Minnesota and Nebraska and is ranked 75th in the 247 composite. Jacobson is also in the running for an elite Shocker transfer with Oklahoma, Indiana, Purdue and Michigan. Hope he gets him even if it makes UNI scary good down the road.
                                BRADLEY BASKETBALL
                                -2 NCAA Title Games
                                -3 NCAA Elite Eights
                                -4 NCAA Sweet 16s
                                -4 NIT Championships

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X