Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A mention that we are involved with Illini transfer Te'jon Lucas

Comment

• Bradley also mentioned interested in Albany transfer David Nichols - avg 15 ppg/3 apg

Comment

• Originally posted by tornado View Post
        Bradley also mentioned interested in Albany transfer David Nichols - avg 15 ppg/3 apg
        https://twitter.com/WndyCtyBsktball/...96539611140096
        David Nichols is a grad-transfer who was originally from Chicago Mt. Carmel HS-
        David Nichols (13) Guard - 2016-17: First-ever UAlbany sophomore to earn America East All-Conference First Team, also earning honored as the America East Scholar-Athlete

He only had a few lower D1 offers out of high school, and neither Bradley nor Green Bay appear to have been among them

Comment

...A mention that we are involved with Illini transfer Te'jon Lucas
          https://twitter.com/coreyevans_10/st...26456876441601
          I have heard & read several comments from people saying Bradley should not go after Lucas or people saying they don't want him...
          I am puzzled by those comments...
          I know Lucas is not a big time scorer - but his shooting pct was 48% (49% in league play) the highest by far of any guard they had!
          Also he averages 3.3 assists per game in just over 20 mpg, again the highest by far of anyone on their team for assists per 40 minutes...and more than TWICE as many assists with BETTER shooting percentages than Mr. Basketball Mark Smith gave the Illini.

His Assist to Turnover Ratio (94/56) was the best on their entire team!
          He was 2nd on the team in steals...

Hey - our success with transfers & 2-year guys has been abysmal....
          The last few transfers & 2-year players (Kendahl Anerson, Chris Blake, Omari Grier, Anthony Fields, Mike Shaw, Alex Foster, Jojo McGlaston, Luqman Lundy) have all been less than earth-shattering...
          BUT-- I think if Te'Jon Lucas is interested in playing for Brian Wardle I would love to have him....I think he differs in that he's proven that he has succeeded at the Big Ten level and can contribute here..

Comment

I have heard & read several comments from people saying Bradley should not go after Lucas or people saying they don't want him...
            I am puzzled by those comments...
            I know Lucas is not a big time scorer - but his shooting pct was 48% (49% in league play) the highest by far of any guard they had!
            Also he averages 3.3 assists per game in just over 20 mpg, again the highest by far of anyone on their team for assists per 40 minutes...and more than TWICE as many assists with BETTER shooting percentages than Mr. Basketball Mark Smith gave the Illini.

His Assist to Turnover Ratio (94/56) was the best on their entire team!
            He was 2nd on the team in steals...

Hey - our success with transfers & 2-year guys has been abysmal....
            The last few transfers & 2-year players (Kendahl Anerson, Chris Blake, Omari Grier, Anthony Fields, Mike Shaw, Alex Foster, Jojo McGlaston, Luqman Lundy) have all been less than earth-shattering...
            BUT-- I think if Te'Jon Lucas is interested in playing for Brian Wardle I would love to have him....I think he differs in that he's proven that he has succeeded at the Big Ten level and can contribute here..

I can't agree more, and you didn't even discuss his defense. He isn't much of a 3 pt shooter, but he gets to the rim well for his size.

Comment

• I think we have a better than average shot at him cuz the kid is from Milwaukee and Coach Wardle had been recruiting Te'Jon since he was a sophomore in high school

Comment

• Another name Bradley has been recruiting-

2018 juco Melkisedek Moreaux- 6'7" wing forward originally from Hamburg, Germany. He played high school basketball in Preston, England. He is currently a sophomore at Northeast Community College in Norfolk, Nebraska. He committed to Arkansas-Little Rock last fall and signed a NLI, but decommitted and was granted his release following their recent coaching change.
                As a freshman at NECC in 2016-17 he averaged 9.1 ppg and 7.3 rpg. This past year as a sophomore, he averaged 14.2 ppg and 10.2 rpg, and he is considered an outstanding defensive player.

Videos-
                Sophomore highlights- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4vhYoNhiJs
                Freshman highlights- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ed3UdV7qv9g

Comment

• How do you pronounce that first name?
                  Gotta stop feeding the trolls.

Comment

• Originally posted by ihatetea View Post
                    How do you pronounce that first name?
                    It's an Old Testament biblical name with various different spellings-

But I would guess the pronunciation of Melkisedek is the same as this slightly different spelling-

Comment

Jordan Brangers - star juco player at South Plains- ..Brangers will test the NBA Draft without an agent....
                      Jordan Brangers is working out and planning on testing the NBA Draft but check who he is working out with...
                      ..this suggests pretty strongly that if he decides to stay in college, he will probably commit to Penny Hardaway & Memphis!

Comment

• New name-

2018 juco Marcell Haskett- 6'1" junior college combo guard currently a sophomore at New Mexico Junior College. He is originally from Suffolk, Virginia, and attended Kecoughtan High School in Hampton, Virginia, where he averaged 21.5 ppg his junior year and over 23 ppg his senior season (2014-15), and was All-State in Class 6A (largest schools) both his junior and senior seasons in Virginia. He had a lot of D1 recruiting interest, and several D1 offers. He committed to Mount St. Mary's College of the Northeast Conference, but did not qualify and spent an additional year at a prep school (2015-16 at Spire Institute in Geneva, OH). He got several additional D1 offers, but ended up going to a Division II school (Lincoln Memorial University) because he apparently still did not qualify for D1. He only played in 1 game for LMU early in the 2016-17 season, and then transferred and played the following year (2017-18 ) at New Mexico Junior College where he averaged a team-leading 15.4 ppg, and a team-leading 3.0 assists per game this past season.

He was ranked #97 on this 2018 Top 100 list-
                        The source for Junior College Basketball Recruiting News and Updates

Videos-

playmaker mixtapes, marcell haskett, marcell haskett basketball, marcell haskett kecoughtan, marcell haskett high school, marcell haskett team loaded, marcell haskett mount, marcell haskett mt st marys, kecoughtan high school, kecoughtan high school basketball, kecoughtan basketball, hampton virginia

Comment

Bradley also mentioned interested in Albany transfer David Nichols - avg 15 ppg/3 apg
                          https://twitter.com/WndyCtyBsktball/...96539611140096
                          as expected, David Nichols gets a couple of power conference offers and chooses one..
                          he verbals to Florida State - most of these midmajor guys are looking to move up...

Comment

SIU's Jeremy Roscoe has transferred to Panola College...
                            Jeremy Roscoe who spent over a year at SIU and couldn't get on the court - now he commits to Akron

Comment

• Burrell to EIU

Morgan Park F Cam Burrell commits to Eastern Illinois University

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Coach View Post
                                Bradley is now involved with Morgan Park HS Cameron Burrell. No word whether they have offered, but probably are trying to arrange visit.
                                Bradley was in communication with him, but never offered.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X