Collapse

Red-White Scrimmage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMHO, I think that these red/white games should be free or maybe $5 max. Isn't the idea here to get the fans and community hyped on BU bball?? It seems like a no brainer to me to try and pack the place, especially with potential recruits In attendance. The idea should be to get us hooked and the get the dollars back at the REAL games! Marketing/drug dealing 101!

Comment

Originally posted by peoriaspitfire View Post
      IMHO, I think that these red/white games should be free or maybe $5 max. Isn't the idea here to get the fans and community hyped on BU bball?? It seems like a no brainer to me to try and pack the place, especially with potential recruits In attendance. The idea should be to get us hooked and the get the dollars back at the REAL games! Marketing/drug dealing 101!
      Agree. You would think that with all the recruits being there you would do something to impress them. The lack of students didn't help.
      What part of illegal don't you understand?

Comment

Here are a ton of great photos from Friday night...the players, the game, the crowd, and many of Chet "The Jet" Walker

Comment

I'll show how old I am. I still can remember that Walker's freshman beat the varsity squad in the days of the Freshmen/Varsity preseason scrimmage. Unfortunately, I was not able to attend.

Comment

Since Gage was mentioned earlier in this thread, I'll put this here. It is a confirmation of Bradley's offer to Gage.

Comment

good - get him down here for a few more visits..

Comment

I thought the Red White Scrimmage went well. Obviously they need to have more fun with it. Make it like a midnight madness event. Have a little dunk contest, have a funny skit or something, then scrimmage. Spice it up by adding a wow factor. The most excited the recruits got the whole time was the guys dunking in the warm up line... Highlight that wow factor and add to it!

The big thing to me was that Bradley is getting a bunch of recruits on campus not just some. They are doing a lot better job than the last staff did about getting players from all over to at least see Bradley first hand. Some of the kids they are recruiting hard, some they just know about. Either way they are getting the players attention by getting them on campus and showing them what BU has to offer.

Comment

Originally posted by midstateknowitall View Post
                  ..Have a little dunk contest,...The most excited the recruits got the whole time was the guys dunking in the warm up line... ...
                  agree 100% - nice to invite & get a lot of young kids with talent and the men's Red-White should be something they remember -
                  invite lots of past Bradley stars - like Chet Walker, Mitchell Anderson, Jeremy Crouch, etc..
                  and have a dunk contest - everyone would have loved it......and do it before 9-9:30PM

Comment

Originally posted by Da Coach View Post
                    My estimate was based on an actual count of butts in the stands at the time the men's scrimmage started. Also, I talked to several people who planned to leave after waiting in the line to see Chet, and were not planning on staying for the scrimmages
                    First chance to reply. First mistake was, as stated before, bringing CW in for this game instead of a regular season game when many more could have shown their appreciation for him. Second was the way they handled the signing-if they wanted people in the stands then make them at least purchase a ticket before they get the autograph. That might have helped push up the attendance some.

As for the scrimmage I really can't add much to what has been already stated except that I really like what I seen especially from the freshman. This class could be special if they continue to improve. Very athletic and seem to have some quickness and SZ & JS look like shooters as well as BB players.
                    Should be an exciting season.

Comment

Originally posted by basketball nut View Post
                      This class could be special if they continue to improve. Very athletic ....
                      this is what I like the most - 10-12 athletic kids with speed and talent....
                      if a couple can develop into consistent shooters, and a couple can give us that inside threat consistently and play solid defense..then we can play with the top teams in the league.

Comment

Originally posted by wizard View Post
                        The womens game was awful and borrrrring! By now, BU should clearly understand a couple of things regarding this event.
                        FIRST, it should be mens basketball only---stop trying to force feed womens BB on fans. and---drop the stupid games and loooooong introductions!
                        SECONDLY, change the start time. The event should start at 6:30 or 7:00 promptly so kids can come and people would have time to get a pizza or dinner after the event. A 9:30 or 10:00 start is terrible!
                        Also, serve beer in the concession stands.
                        Wiz
                        Don't bother trying post suggestions from a fan's viewpoint.It seems obvious to me that the people in charge no longer care what the as think.They are determined to change everything associated with Bradley athletics into their vision, even if that drives most of the fans away.The red-White night was a joke.In past years the fans would be all abuzz over new players and optimism, but after this year's event, all I heard was peple complaining about the atrocious womens scrimmage, the poor attendance, the painfully boring games that were staged, and the drawn out, late timing of what they were there to see.A lot of fans got up and left arly before the end of the scrimmage, which I've never seen in 40 years of attending these types of preseason scrimmages.
                        Congratulations Bradley, you have succeeded in driving away the fans in huge numbers and done nothing to boost interest for the upcoming season.
                        One question, when are we going to see all the championships that were promised?

Comment

I haven't posted for a while, but I have to comment. Bradley does seem to be trying some new marketing strategy and ignoring the long time fans, and apparently trying to target the younger, internet-using fans.
                          Still no mention whether any games will be televised, we have always heard this info months before the start of the season, so maybe there are no TV games this year? Also, will there be a coach's show on TV or radio? Did someone kidnap Dave Snell? Why has he disappeared? What about Chief's Club events? Again, it seems the new BU marketing people are forgetting to tell fans what they need to know.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty View Post
                            I haven't posted for a while, but I have to comment. Bradley does seem to be trying some new marketing strategy and ignoring the long time fans, and apparently trying to target the younger, internet-using fans.
                            Still no mention whether any games will be televised, we have always heard this info months before the start of the season, so maybe there are no TV games this year? Also, will there be a coach's show on TV or radio? Did someone kidnap Dave Snell? Why has he disappeared? What about Chief's Club events? Again, it seems the new BU marketing people are forgetting to tell fans what they need to know.
                            I'll ignore the first half the comments, but I agree with the 2nd. When my best source of information, by far, is a fan supported board, there is a huge issue. The organization of the Athletic Department, to the end customer/fan, is virtually non-existent. This is very concerning to me. I appreciate the effort to create a mascot, re-brand etc. but we can't forget about the basics... Like getting fans their tickets and catering to casual fans.
                            Last edited by amckillip; 10-22-2013, 10:22 AM.

Comment

I collect the BU pocket schedules and have almost every one I am aware exists going back to the 1960's...most have players pictured..
                              but I also tuck one in my wallet, have one in the car and give one to my secretary so she knows not to put anything on if there's a game!!!
                              So I rely a ton on those little pocket schedules so I always know every game's time & date
                              (remember when the pocket schedule ONLY listed the home games (LINK and LINK) and made no mention at all of the road games?
                              That was weird - don't they expect the fans to want to know when we play a game on the road??)

...so I also asked Friday night about the pocket schedules and got a bunch of deer-in-the-headlight stares as if they didn't have a clue what a pocket schedule even was...there has never been a season in my memory where the pocket schedules nor the tickets were unavailable to the big group of BU-basketball-hungry fans attending the Red-White.

lefty - you got any idea - are you connected up there??

Comment

When is this Athletic Department going to wake up and see what's going on. I agree Red/White needs to be on campus and nor Carver but having the games on Friday during football doesn't make much sense to me. Even worse is having the boys start so late in the evening. Not a big fan of watching Womens BB but certainly would if it was run like several years ago. Did enjoy that. The way this whole night was run is what's keeping the fans away. Families with little kids are not going to bring them to such a late start. Hopefully someone wakes up soon.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X