Go Back   BradleyFans.com Forums > Sports Forums > Basketball Fan talk

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-15-2010, 01:24 PM
tornado's Avatar
tornado tornado is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 43,883
Default Scummiest Coaches

Here's someone's opinion of the worst coaches ever in college basketball...
Jim Calhoun, John Calipari, Bruce Pearl, Tim Floyd, Kelvin Sampson, Larry Eustachy, Rick Pitino, Dave Bliss...
Oddly, most are still in the coaching ranks so being scummy doesn't not affect a guy's market value!!
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/5.../page/3#page/3
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-15-2010, 02:02 PM
amckillip amckillip is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Peoria, IL
Posts: 3,383
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tornado View Post
Jim Calhoun, John Calipari, Bruce Pearl, Tim Floyd, Kelvin Sampson, Larry Eustachy, Rick Pitino, Dave Bliss...
Oddly, most are still in the coaching ranks so being scummy doesn't not affect a guy's market value!!
This is entirely and disgustingly true.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-15-2010, 02:18 PM
real fan's Avatar
real fan real fan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,214
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tornado View Post
Here's someone's opinion of the worst coaches ever in college basketball...
Jim Calhoun, John Calipari, Bruce Pearl, Tim Floyd, Kelvin Sampson, Larry Eustachy, Rick Pitino, Dave Bliss...
Oddly, most are still in the coaching ranks so being scummy doesn't not affect a guy's market value!!
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/5.../page/3#page/3
Pitino made a personal mistake in having sex with that woman, he has never been caught cheating by the NCAA so I have a hard time placing him with these other sports cheats, a lot of Pitino"s asst. coaches that have become head coaches have went on to win national championships in Tubby Smith and Billy Donovan so I for one respect Rick as a coach but not so much as a human being.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-15-2010, 02:20 PM
tornado's Avatar
tornado tornado is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 43,883
Default

here's a high school coach that's scummy ..
taking $$ from players' parents then peddling the prospects for more playing time if they didn't ask for their money back!
http://ncaabasketball.fanhouse.com/2...coach-accused/

In other words..he was selling the playing time for cash
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-15-2010, 02:23 PM
lefty lefty is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,895
Default

I always liked Pitino as a coach too.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-15-2010, 02:25 PM
BradleyBrave's Avatar
BradleyBrave BradleyBrave is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Filling out the roster
Posts: 7,854
Default

Dave Bliss is the undisputed champion.
__________________
Onward and Upward!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-15-2010, 02:27 PM
bigdaddystuck's Avatar
bigdaddystuck bigdaddystuck is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Morton
Posts: 863
Default

yeah, I have no problem with Pitino as a coach
__________________
Some see a hopeless end, while others see an endless hope.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-15-2010, 02:48 PM
Braves4Life Braves4Life is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 6,382
Default

I would probably exclude Pitino and Calhoun.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-15-2010, 02:55 PM
tornado's Avatar
tornado tornado is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 43,883
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyBrave View Post
Dave Bliss is the undisputed champion.
hmm..people kinda link the murder to Bliss but of course he had nothing to do with it....he was just a liar and a dirtbag..but we see at Tennessee -- the same kinds of scum, and just as many player arrests -- tho none for murder..
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-15-2010, 03:49 PM
BradleyJD's Avatar
BradleyJD BradleyJD is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 1,838
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tornado View Post
hmm..people kinda link the murder to Bliss but of course he had nothing to do with it....he was just a liar and a dirtbag..but we see at Tennessee -- the same kinds of scum, and just as many player arrests -- tho none for murder..
Murder is a lot bigger than what happened at Tennessee.
__________________
When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-15-2010, 04:40 PM
tornado's Avatar
tornado tornado is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 43,883
Default

it is but the murder was committed by one of the players and it would be hard to blame the murder on Bliss
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-15-2010, 04:53 PM
DoubleJayAlum DoubleJayAlum is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 176
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tornado View Post
it is but the murder was committed by one of the players and it would be hard to blame the murder on Bliss
It wasn't the murder so much as what Bliss tried to pin on the murdered.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-15-2010, 04:56 PM
BradleyJD's Avatar
BradleyJD BradleyJD is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 1,838
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleJayAlum View Post
It wasn't the murder so much as what Bliss tried to pin on the murdered.
Agreed!
__________________
When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-15-2010, 04:58 PM
BU freak's Avatar
BU freak BU freak is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 198
Default

How can you leave Steve Alford off that list? Intimidating a rape victim in order to save a player at Iowa certainly qualifies him. The fact that he acts like some bible thumper makes him even worse.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-15-2010, 06:26 PM
Grassman Grassman is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,130
Default

huggy bear
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-15-2010, 06:30 PM
JMM28 JMM28 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 506
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BU freak View Post
How can you leave Steve Alford off that list? Intimidating a rape victim in order to save a player at Iowa certainly qualifies him. The fact that he acts like some bible thumper makes him even worse.


If not for the ridiculous new division names/logo, Hawkeye sports would be the #1 joke of the BigTen!

Alford was a scummy coach, and it is finally coming out that apparently ol Kirk Ferentz is as well.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-15-2010, 07:11 PM
SFP's Avatar
SFP SFP is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 6,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braves4Life View Post
I would probably exclude Pitino and Calhoun.
Calhoun? He's been known to buy his players and poach players that have made verbal commitments. He's a pure cheater even before his assistance became the fall guys.
__________________
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people...they are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
Thomas Jefferson
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-12-2011, 11:19 AM
tornado's Avatar
tornado tornado is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 43,883
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tornado View Post
... Larry Eustachy..
Larry Eustachy in the news again...with a little behavior that will be familiar to dogsrus!!

Larry went ballistic in a game his team was losing at Marshall by 30 points, 95-65...
he was T'ed up a couple times then had to be literally dragged off the court by cops....
"Eustachy, almost continuously agitated from ..1:53 into the game
...Eustachy went after Mathis, bumping into fellow official Hal Lusk two or three times. That triggered technical No. 2 and an ejection.
But Eustachy wasn't going off quietly. A Marshall official helped escort him, and then Eagles forward Gary Flowers tried to diffuse the situation.
An MU police officer arrived, with several other MU officials.
Firing repeated "F-bombs" across the floor, Eustachy kept at it with police several minutes after entering the tunnel to the visitors' locker room.
He was not arrested. "You've got good policemen on campus," Eustachy joked. "They make sure they get you places.
As he departed, he cracked, "Don't worry about me tonight - I'm more protected than Obama."
(police escort)
http://sundaygazettemail.com/Sports/201101082232
http://www.sunherald.com/2011/01/12/...ologizes.html#



and for your perusal...here's yet another list of the
"25 Sketchiest Programs in Hoops History"..and all the favorites are on it...Eustachy, Pearl, Sampson, Quin Snyder, Tim Floyd,
Harrick, Tark, Bliss, CCNY, AND John Calipari makes the list THREE TIMES...
at #20, #14, and #3
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/5...-hoops-history

Last edited by tornado; 01-12-2011 at 04:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-16-2011, 10:31 AM
tornado's Avatar
tornado tornado is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 43,883
Default

Larry Eustachy's So. Miss guys beat terribly overranked UCF last night, and you'd think Larry had just won the Superbowl..

As the game ended, Larry raced full throttle to center court to celebrate like a college student as the fans in the stands rushed the court (seriously -- they rushed the court after beating Central Florida - who is 1-2 in CUSA - in a mid-season game )..
when security cleared the floor, Larry & the players went up into the stands to continue to celebrate..
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-16-2011, 02:56 PM
Bravesfan Bravesfan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 5,404
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tornado View Post
Larry Eustachy's So. Miss guys beat terribly overranked UCF last night, and you'd think Larry had just won the Superbowl..

As the game ended, Larry raced full throttle to center court to celebrate like a college student as the fans in the stands rushed the court (seriously -- they rushed the court after beating Central Florida - who is 1-2 in CUSA - in a mid-season game )..
when security cleared the floor, Larry & the players went up into the stands to continue to celebrate..
That guy is the biggest tool in college sports, bar none! Coaches like Pitino, Calipari, Sampson and others similar to them would all be considered close behind, but Eustachy takes the cake.

Some great stuff on that website. I didn't even realize half the garbage that these coaches pull! And I can't even believe that most of them are still gainfully employed!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   BradleyFans.com Forums > Sports Forums > Basketball Fan talk



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:49 AM.
vBulletin Skins by: Skins-N-Styles.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
BradleyFans.com is not affiliated with Bradley University