Go Back   BradleyFans.com Forums > Sports Forums > Basketball Fan talk

Old 02-12-2018, 08:00 AM

Default Final score: Bradley 70 ISU 58

Next game: Illinois State (14-12, 8-6) at Bradley (17-10, 7-7), Wednesday, Feb. 14, 7 PM at Carver Arena.

The game is on ESPN3.com-
http://www.espn.com/watch/_/id/32734...ate-vs-bradley

Chat room-
http://www.chatzy.com/bradleyfans

Radio-
www.1470wmbd.com

Live stats link (when it is working)-
http://www.sidearmstats.com/bradley/mbball/

Tickets-
https://www1.ticketmaster.com/bradle...005333C62D340B

MVC standings-
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...ley-conference

ISU website-
http://www.goredbirds.com/index.aspx?path=mbball

ISU stats-
http://www.mvc.org/mbb/stats/ILS.HTM

Bradley stats-
http://www.mvc.org/mbb/stats/BRAD.HTM
Old 02-12-2018, 12:10 PM

I believe Bradley will win Wednesday, regardless if Fayne and Evans play, and it will be a big boost to the team's confidence.
And I think they can win another game or two that they aren't expected to win, and make a run in the tournament.
Go Braves!

Edit: sorry for those who read my initial post. I quoted an incorrect result from last year and have removed it.
Old 02-12-2018, 12:44 PM

Default Me Too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Coach View Post
I believe Bradley will win Wednesday, regardless if Fayne and Evans play, and it will be a big boost to the team's confidence.
And I think they can win another game or two that they aren't expected to win, and make a run in the tournament.
Go Braves!

Edit: sorry for those who read my initial post. I quoted an incorrect result from last year and have removed it.
I'm with you on this one, Da Coach. We are better than the way we have played the last 3 games. I think we all know it and have seen it. We can still make noise, if we can play to our potential in the remaining games and tournament. It is all about who is playing the best at tournament time.

Come on, Braves and lets make a run!!
Old 02-12-2018, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Coach View Post
Go Braves!

I want to get excited so badly... GO Braves! Beat the Birds!
Old 02-12-2018, 05:07 PM

I don't understand why some college teams ( Illinois State ) let convicts keep playing on their teams even though they are wanted by the police. Must be a different set of rules!!!!!!
Old 02-12-2018, 06:02 PM

they want to rack up "W"s as quick as possible and jump to a higher job...
It worked for Jank....
Old 02-12-2018, 08:16 PM

Quote:
...now maybe even Bruninga may be out
Taylor Bruninga has just been ruled out for Wednesday due to a concussion

Their starting lineup last game was - Yarbrough, Tinsley, Hein, N'Diaye, williams - so that probably will not change against Bradley. Gassman, Clarance, Litwiller and Bruninga subbed on Sunday.
Old 02-13-2018, 03:58 PM

Muller just said that Christian Romine is available to play but he hasn't played a bit of basketball during a game yet this season... nor last season either
He played a total of only 50 minutes back in 2015-16 at UTEP
https://twitter.com/Pg_Benson/status/963501261034278917
https://twitter.com/Pg_Benson/status/963503906717347842
Old 02-13-2018, 05:35 PM

Romine has already used up his redshirt year last season after transferring to ISU from UTEP, so he is not eligible for another redshirt year this year. So if he is capable of playing and helping the team, I suspect he will probably will play.
Old 02-13-2018, 05:40 PM

Pregame article from BradleyBraves.com-
http://bradleybraves.com/news/2018/2...wednesday.aspx
Old 02-13-2018, 05:53 PM

Ryan Stipanovich has returned to practice for Bradley after missing the last 2 games due to unspecified medical issues. He will be available to play tomorrow against Illinois State.
Old 02-13-2018, 07:47 PM

The latest from Dan Muller- he said this afternoon that Taylor Bruninga and Phil Fayne are out and will not play against Bradley. But he said that there is a chance Evans will try to play. He called him "questionable at best".
As noted above, he also mentioned thsat Christian Romine, who has not played all year, could possibly play tomorrow.

Evans supposedly reinjured his knee in ISU's game on February 3, though he was actually limping a bit in their previous game on January 30. And after his MRI on Feb. 5, it was said the injury was "worse" than his last knee injury in December, and that he would miss 1 to 3 weeks. So if he returns tomorrow, he will have only missed about 10 days. I doubt he can be at 100% this soon, so if he plays, he might be limited in playing time. I would not be surprised to see Muller hold him out, but it may depend on how the game goes.
Old 02-13-2018, 09:25 PM

Braves need to get out and play very physical and work the Redbirds over on Wednesday. Letís get a win.
Old 02-14-2018, 08:24 AM

I would seriously doubt Romine plays. Seems to be some personal issues there that have nothing to do with basketball. There has been speculation all year long with very little answers.
Old 02-14-2018, 09:51 AM

It's time to get back to our winning ways. The past 3 games have certainly been a disappointment but there's no reason why we can't get back on track and it all begins with a win tonight. Let's get back to playing tough defense; holding opponents under 60. If we can do that we'll have a chance to win every game we play. Here's to a fun final two weeks of the season as we roll into St. Louis riding high!

Anyone want to take a guess at what the attendance number will look like tonight? I'll go 7,200. But that might be generous considering it's Valentine's Day and our recent woes.
Old 02-14-2018, 03:41 PM

I sense a little duplicity going on with the coverage of tonight's game.
The headline for the game story in the PJ Star is "Bradley hopes to rebound against short-handed Illinois State", and in the Pantagraph it is "Depleted ISU 'not feeling sorry for ourselves' with Bradley next".
The headlines, the articles, and the talk on some fan message boards seems to be all about "poor ISU" and their injuries and "poor Dan Muller" who is at such a disadvantage having to deal with such unfair adversity. It is as if they are trying hard to create excuses in advance, in case ISU loses to Bradley.

The reason I say duplicity, is that I remember when Bradley was missing 2 All MVC star players for virtually the entire 2010-11 season due to health issues, and then on top of that, they lost additional starters during that year due to other injuries. Yet, I do not recall a single time the media wrote any sympathetic articles making excuses for what turned out to be the only losing season in Jim Les' final 6 years at Bradley. In fact, there were local writers who completely ignored all the adversity and injuries, and ripped Coach Les for not winning enough and repeatedly demanded his firing.

And the nescient message boarders even went further claiming the injuries and the resulting sub-par season was proof Les needed to be fired, because they claimed he should have known that injuries can happen to star players, and he was derelict in his coaching duties for not recruiting a whole bench full of All MVC-caliber reserves to take their place.

To Jim Les' credit, he never once used his team's injuries as an excuse, and neither is Dan Muller. But I just find it a bit funny now about how much some are dwelling on the inury excuses, when some of them claimed in the past that "injuries are never an excuse".

And one other note debunking this injury storyline- if Keyshawn Evans plays tonight as the current rumors seem to hint, then ISU is really only going to be missing one key player, Phil Fayne, and he is only their 3rd-leading scorer. Bruninga's injury is really not much of a factor, since he has played far fewer minutes in their last 10 games, and his scoring and rebounding are nominal. So the bottom line is that if Evans does play, they are only missing one significant player, their 3rd leading scorer. But let's make all the reporting about this game focus on what a disadvantage Dan Muller and the Redbirds are at with all their injuries.
Old 02-14-2018, 06:33 PM

yup- the people that wanted JL out actually kinda revelled in the player losses...
and Wardle also "lost" the entire team that he had when he was hired...only Donte & Ka'Darryl Bell were actually available and Bell contributed just 3.5 ppg...
..and I don't recall any ISU fans shedding tears over how few healthy players Wardle had available...
Old 02-14-2018, 07:55 PM

Keyshawn Evans will play with a large knee brace on left leg. Christian Romine dressed and warmed up. Looks like he might play. Fayne and Bruninga are out.
Old 02-14-2018, 08:29 PM

Looks like the Learfield live stats system is not working again.
Old 02-14-2018, 08:32 PM

ESPN live stats is working this game.

Go Back   BradleyFans.com Forums > Sports Forums > Basketball Fan talk