Go Back   BradleyFans.com Forums > Sports Forums > Basketball Fan talk

Old 11-14-2015, 12:20 AM

Default Former Bradley players

A bunch of former Bradley players played their first game at their new schools tonight-

Nate Wells played just 3 first half minutes, and was scoreless. he was 0-1 from the floor with 2 rebounds against Bradley
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...meId=400814182

Kendahl Amerson started and played 26 minutes for University of Central Oklahoma against Northwest Oklahoma. UCO won 74-71, and Amerson had 11 points
http://www.bronchosports.com/boxscor...mbball&id=4033

Anthony Fields was a starter for Liberty University against Covenant College of Georgia. It was a close game, but Liberty won 64-62. Fields played 25 minutes, was 2-5 from the field, and scored 4 points, 1 assist, and 3 turnovers.
http://www.liberty.edu/wwwadmin/glob.../lumb1601a.htm

Omari Grier, now at Rutgers, played 22 minutes off the bench for Rutgers in their 72-59 win over Rutgers-Newark. Omari was 2-6, and 1-3 from three and scored 6 points.
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...0151114aaa.pdf

Jordan Swopshire sat out last season after transferring to Colgate. In their first game this season at George Mason, they upset GMU 66-53. Jordan started for Colgate, played 21 minutes, was 3-4, and 1-1 from three, and scored 13 points.
http://gocolgateraiders.com/boxscore...mbball&id=5611

Shayok Shayok started for UMKC at Minnesota, where Minnesota won 76-58. Shayok played 23 minutes, was 1-6 from the field, 1-1 from three, and he had 3 points and 5 rebounds.
http://www.umkckangaroos.com/pdf9/4105540.pdf

Donivine Stewart came off the bench for Portland State in their 82-72 loss at Grand Canyon University. Donivine was 3-6 and 1-2 from three for 10 points.
http://www.goviks.com/boxscore.aspx?path=mbball&id=1998
Old 11-14-2015, 12:27 AM

Don't forget Remy Abell - started for Xavier in their 81-72 win over Miami (OH)
Remy started, played 28 min, 6 pts, 2 rebs, 3 asst
Old 11-14-2015, 12:28 AM

I was just interested in the guys playing their first games for their new schools.
Old 11-14-2015, 12:35 AM

ok but Kendahl has played 3 and shot poorly in all three
Old 11-14-2015, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tornado View Post
ok but Kendahl has played 3 and shot poorly in all three
Not true. The first 2 were exhibitions. Tonight was his first real game.
Old 11-14-2015, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Coach View Post
A bunch of former Bradley players played their first game at their new schools tonight-

Nate Wells played just 3 first half minutes, and was scoreless. he was 0-1 from the floor with 2 rebounds against Bradley
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...meId=400814182
Nate had some nice things to say after the game. dave Reynolds' article has this quote-

“It felt pretty weird being here,” Wells said. “There were times when old habits died hard. Bradley would make a free throw and I’m like, ‘Good shot’ and then thought ‘I can’t do that anymore.’ Once a Brave always a Brave was still in my mind. I’m excited for the future of Bradley basketball. I am still an alum.”

Nate is 100% class.
Old 11-14-2015, 10:11 AM

I wish he would have received a better ovation than he did but regardless it was good to see him again but he was in the wrong uniform.
Old 11-14-2015, 11:01 AM

Nate had said pregame that he expected to play in the rotation and get about 10 minutes but...
within just 3 minutes he had picked up two fouls (which was what happened all nite) and he sat and never came back
Old 11-14-2015, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBUBraves98 View Post
I wish he would have received a better ovation than he did but regardless it was good to see him again but he was in the wrong uniform.
Totally agree. Was disappointed he didn't get the start, but that's probably why I'm not coaching an NCAA basketball team.

We miss you Big Nate! You were all hussle, brother! I gave you a standing ovation and a loud shout out!
Old 11-14-2015, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Coach View Post

Nate Wells scoreless

Kendahl Amerson 11 points

Anthony Fields scored 4 points, 1 assist, and 3 turnovers.

Omari Grierscored 6 points.

Jordan Swopshire scored 13 points.

Shayok Shayok 3 points and 5 rebounds.

Donivine Stewart 10 points.
The fact that none of these players put up above average stats on weak teams says a lot about the state of Bradley Basketball since 2009.
Old 11-14-2015, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiAlphaBoy View Post
The fact that none of these players put up above average stats on weak teams says a lot about the state of Bradley Basketball since 2009.
Exactly what I was thinking, and what we have said here for several years. I expect to see this trend continue, and even next year with the addition of Xavier Taylor, Josh Cunningham, and Warren Jones. I think we'll see more than ever just how mediocre the past 4 recruiting classes were (despite repeated media claims of "impact players" and "stellar recruiting classes") to go along with poor coaching.
Old 11-14-2015, 09:57 PM

Liberty gets it's second straight win over another low level opponent.
Covenant College, last night's opponent was a bad D3 team (9-17 last year), and tonight they clobbered Summit University, an even worse D3 school (2-23 last year). Anthony Fields started again, and had 7 points and 2 assists in the win.
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...meId=400833423

Their next game will be a shock for them. They actually play a real D1 opponent, William & Mary, who is pretty good. W&M just knocked off NC State by 17 today. But then Liberty's 4th game is against Central Penn, another non-NCAA school affiliated with the USCAA, an association of tiny private schools.
They should be banished from D1 for this kind of scheduling.
Old 11-14-2015, 11:42 PM

I am more interested in seeing that they are playing at a four-year school. Now if they just graduate, Bradley would not be penalized too much for the mass defections from Bradley.
Old 11-14-2015, 11:49 PM

Fields, Wells, & Grier have already graduated, and I think all the others are on track as well. I don't think there will be a problem with Bradley's APR.
Old 11-15-2015, 03:15 AM

Here's one on a former BU coach
Geno Ford does the commentary on this ESPN3 broadcast for Tulane hosting Alabama A&M

You only have to watch 30 seconds into this video replay to see Geno doing some pregame commentary
http://espn.go.com/watchespn/player/...ize/condensed/

another former coach Jim Les lost his first game -
UC-Davis, of course, lost a ton of good senior talent and is rebuilding with six new players...
but they took a very good North Dakota State team- Summit League Champion & NCAA participant & picked 2nd in this year's Summit...
....... to OT before losing 79-71
UC-Davis' inexperience allowed them to blow a 9-point lead late in the game.
They drew almost 3,400 - 3-4 times what they historically used to draw before the JL era...
They still almost beat a team that is head & shoulders a stronger team than Ball State!
Old 11-15-2015, 05:33 PM

Omari Grier played only 6 first half minutes, and had just 2 free throws in Rutgers' 82-70 home win over Howard.
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...meId=400827680
Old 11-20-2015, 12:14 AM

Rutgers lost at St. Johns tonight 61-59-
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...meId=400809398

But Omari Grier did not play for Rutgers against St. John's. He played 22 minutes off the bench in their first game, an easy win over Rutgers-Newark. Then he played just 6 minutes off the bench in their second game, a win against Howard. I can't find any report of an injury.
Old 11-21-2015, 10:04 AM

One of our former Team Managers & Graduate Assistants - Darin Ford - the son of last year's head coach Geno Ford...

was just named an assistant basketball coach at Indian River State College, a Florida juco in Ft. Pierce, FL
just north of West Palm Beach, FL where Geno & his wife now reside.
http://www.irsc.edu/athletics/mbaske...l.aspx?id=2822

Congrats to Darin

In their first home game - former BU recruit Bobo Drummond from Peoria Central - helped his Southern Indiana team
to a 118-104 win scoring 24 pts on 8-9 from the floor - 7-7 from the 3-pt arc!! Also 3 asst, 2 stl

Last edited by tornado; 11-21-2015 at 11:28 AM.
Old 11-21-2015, 05:02 PM

Good for Darin. This was "leaked" (by Darin, I believe on some website) several months ago which telegraphed to many people that Geno and his family were headed to Florida. The Fords are a great family and I wish them well.
Old 11-25-2015, 06:49 AM

Jordan Swopshire had a bad game and Colgate lost to Jaden Uken's Fordham
Brett Bisping had a double double 16 pt, 16 reb
Jimmy Gavin had 22 and is proving to be a great pickup for Winthrop - averaging 18 ppg & 43% on 3-pointers
Former BU recruit Nate Taphorn never even got off the bench in Northwestern's fairly close game last night vs. Mizzou
Former BU recruit Dikembe Dixson was only 1-8 but had 15 rebounds last night for UIC vs. DII opponent Roosevelt
..and former Wardle commit (at Green Bay) Julian Torres was 5-6 and had 13 pts, 7 rebs for UIC vs. Roosevelt
Justin Pierce, who signed with William & Mary - might just push for Mr. Basketball if he keeps this up..
...for the 2nd straight game he gets a double double going 36 pts, 14 rebs - had 36 & 15 yesterday!

Go Back   BradleyFans.com Forums > Sports Forums > Basketball Fan talk