Go Back   BradleyFans.com Forums > Sports Forums > Recruits and recruiting

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #101  
Old 03-06-2015, 04:19 AM
turtle turtle is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: East Peoria
Posts: 93
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wily coyote View Post
Turtle did you try out at both schools and they cut you? LOL Not sure about the Morton Brown because I don't know him but the Washington Brown can flat out coach. Every kid may not like him but he gets the most out of what he has to work with. Something I wish we had seen on the Hilltop.
No the point is they turn away a really good player like AJ (something the Bradley boneheads would do) in favor of pleasing the polital parents of those schools
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 03-06-2015, 07:57 AM
Old Coach Old Coach is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,365
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
No the point is they turn away a really good player like AJ (something the Bradley boneheads would do) in favor of pleasing the polital parents of those schools
I think you're a little confused.
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 03-06-2015, 08:45 PM
turtle turtle is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: East Peoria
Posts: 93
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Coach View Post
I think you're a little confused.
fill me in then- this thread claims he wasnt wanted in Washington and then Morton ran him off after 3 games -- so whats the deal here ?
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 03-06-2015, 09:34 PM
tornado tornado is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 43,026
Default

I would caution that much of what's being said is speculative
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 03-06-2015, 09:45 PM
turtle turtle is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: East Peoria
Posts: 93
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tornado View Post
I would caution that much of what's being said is speculative
youre right I am confused -- this is crazy
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 03-07-2015, 10:47 AM
Old Coach Old Coach is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,365
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
fill me in then- this thread claims he wasnt wanted in Washington and then Morton ran him off after 3 games -- so whats the deal here ?
He wasn't run out of Morton, and as for Washington, I don't know if his family ever considered moving there in the first place.
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 03-07-2015, 11:07 AM
tornado tornado is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 43,026
Default

AJ is just a HS sophomore - I might wait a couple years before being too hard on the kid & his decisions...
I have personally questioned kids' moves many times - especially the well traveled ones - but generally not til they finish at least a couple years of high school.
Lots of kids change high schools and are pretty darned successful...
Shaun Livingston, Dyricus Simms-Edwards, Bobo Drummond, DJ Richardson, and numerous players that have been on Bradley's roster the past few seasons
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 03-07-2015, 12:48 PM
turtle turtle is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: East Peoria
Posts: 93
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tornado View Post
AJ is just a HS sophomore - I might wait a couple years before being too hard on the kid & his decisions...
I have personally questioned kids' moves many times - especially the well traveled ones - but generally not til they finish at least a couple years of high school.
Lots of kids change high schools and are pretty darned successful...
Shaun Livingston, Dyricus Simms-Edwards, Bobo Drummond, DJ Richardson, and numerous players that have been on Bradley's roster the past few seasons
i doubt it was AJs decision but never the less hope things work out better at Manual --
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 04-14-2015, 02:52 PM
Da Coach Da Coach is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Peoria area
Posts: 35,165
Default

A.J. Youngman just received an offer from new UIC Head Coach Steve McClain.
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 04-24-2015, 07:44 AM
Old Coach Old Coach is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,365
Default

I've heard that AJ has been playing very well in Manual's open gyms and that coaches from both ISU and U of I are very impressed with him.
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 04-24-2015, 09:44 PM
LongTimeFan LongTimeFan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 976
Default

How about Bradley? Of course they are busy recruiting for this year now.
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 04-24-2015, 11:20 PM
Old Coach Old Coach is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,365
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongTimeFan View Post
How about Bradley? Of course they are busy recruiting for this year now.
I suspect that Bradley will be on him soon enough.
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 04-25-2015, 09:16 PM
Old Coach Old Coach is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,365
Default

I just heard that AJ had a very good tournament in Louisville, and drew some high major attention.
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 04-26-2015, 06:05 PM
turtle turtle is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: East Peoria
Posts: 93
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Coach View Post
I just heard that AJ had a very good tournament in Louisville, and drew some high major attention.
thats good to hear -- Manual would have won the state championship had he gotten the IHSA waiver -- they should be heavy favorites to win it the next 2 seasons --- Morton boys can keep cheering on the girls team and watching the boys state on TV , lol
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 04-26-2015, 07:08 PM
tornado tornado is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 43,026
Default

Manual's enrollment is 744 - so they are solidly entrenched in 3A and if you notice - 3A has a lot of very tough teams...it would be no cakewalk
Morgan Park, Althoff, St. Joseph's, Richwoods, and lots of others...
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 04-26-2015, 09:39 PM
turtle turtle is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: East Peoria
Posts: 93
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tornado View Post
Manual's enrollment is 744 - so they are solidly entrenched in 3A and if you notice - 3A has a lot of very tough teams...it would be no cakewalk
Morgan Park, Althoff, St. Joseph's, Richwoods, and lots of others...
its never easy, but with 2-3 D1(possible power 5 for AJ and Demonte) recruits they will be odds on favorites
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 04-26-2015, 11:35 PM
Old Coach Old Coach is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,365
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
its never easy, but with 2-3 D1(possible power 5 for AJ and Demonte) recruits they will be odds on favorites
I agree. Manual should be competing for state championships for the next 2 seasons.
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 05-06-2015, 05:04 PM
Da Coach Da Coach is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Peoria area
Posts: 35,165
Default

A.J. Youngman just received offers from Eastern Kentucky, Dartmouth & Hofstra

https://twitter.com/PrepHoopsIL/stat...52607283634176
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 05-06-2015, 11:21 PM
Old Coach Old Coach is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,365
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Coach View Post
A.J. Youngman just received offers from Eastern Kentucky, Dartmouth & Hofstra

https://twitter.com/PrepHoopsIL/stat...52607283634176
He actually got the offer from Dartmouth a week or so ago. Safe to say, AJ won't likely be going to Dartmouth.
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 05-07-2015, 04:44 AM
Da Coach Da Coach is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Peoria area
Posts: 35,165
Default

A.J. Youngman, Da'Monte Wiiliams, and Romon Douglas-Watkins (all 2017 kids) were all on the Bradley campus Wednesday to meet with coaches and workout with players as part of an unofficial visit.
I have heard they all left without offers being extended.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   BradleyFans.com Forums > Sports Forums > Recruits and recruiting



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:02 PM.
vBulletin Skins by: Skins-N-Styles.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
BradleyFans.com is not affiliated with Bradley University