Go Back   BradleyFans.com Forums > Sports Forums > Recruits and recruiting

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #221  
Old 02-09-2016, 06:44 AM
tornado tornado is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 43,050
Default

there's a report AJ just visited DePaul and is getting significant interest from them
Reply With Quote
  #222  
Old 02-16-2016, 11:41 AM
tornado tornado is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 43,050
Default

AJ is a tough kid, he missed the whole last week with a very bad strep throat, but he did not want to miss his team's Senior Night last Friday.
Since he hadn't practiced, he lost his starting spot -- but when he came off the bench in Manual's 67-49 win over big rival Peoria Central - he really made a difference..

AJ "gave them a spark" - per Coach Booth in his post-game interview - stopping a couple of Central's late runs that got them to within two possessions.
He finished with 11 points and hit 3-5 from the arc.
"Each of his 3-point baskets (3-for-5) answered a Peoria High scoring run."
AJ's replacement was LeRoy Williams who started instead of AJ, had a pretty great night with 18 pts (on just 8 shot attempts) & 12 rebs!
Reply With Quote
  #223  
Old 02-17-2016, 04:01 PM
tornado tornado is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 43,050
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tornado View Post
..Bloomington HS's Charles Payton also had a good tourney and in the four games against Bloom, Simeon, Danville, & Benet
he averaged 17.8 ppg, 9.3 rpg
Pantagraph comment... regarding ISU recruit and Bloomington High School stud Charles Payton (2017 recruit)

..possibly transferring from Bloomington HS (enrollment 1378 ) to Olympia High School (enrollment 551)
Reportedly Charles Payton (17.4 ppg, 8.8 rpg, rated 4-STAR and getting Big Ten interest) chooses now to live with his father in the Olympia school district but he would be ineligible to play for the remainder of the season.
This hurts Bloomington HS as he is their best player on a 20-6 team that was expected to do well in the Regionals.
http://www.pantagraph.com/high-schoo...ign=user-share
Reply With Quote
  #224  
Old 02-23-2016, 11:56 PM
tornado tornado is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 43,050
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tornado View Post
Pantagraph comment... regarding ISU recruit and Bloomington High School stud Charles Payton (2017 recruit)

..possibly transferring from Bloomington HS (enrollment 1378 ) to Olympia High School (enrollment 551)
Reportedly Charles Payton (17.4 ppg, 8.8 rpg, rated 4-STAR and getting Big Ten interest) chooses now to live with his father in the Olympia school district but he would be ineligible to play for the remainder of the season.
This hurts Bloomington HS as he is their best player on a 20-6 team that was expected to do well in the Regionals.
http://www.pantagraph.com/high-schoo...ign=user-share
no Charles Payton --
Bloomington knocks off Manual anyway 93-81
AJ Youngman had 17, Williams had just 9
Reply With Quote
  #225  
Old 03-06-2016, 02:51 AM
turtle turtle is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: East Peoria
Posts: 93
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tornado View Post
no Charles Payton --
Bloomington knocks off Manual anyway 93-81
AJ Youngman had 17, Williams had just 9
Kind of strange for Charles Payton to re locate this late in the school year - any word about what went down ?
Reply With Quote
  #226  
Old 03-06-2016, 02:52 AM
turtle turtle is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: East Peoria
Posts: 93
Default

Huge sectional game Wed night Metamora vs Manual
Reply With Quote
  #227  
Old 03-08-2016, 01:40 PM
Deadguy35 Deadguy35 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 135
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
Kind of strange for Charles Payton to re locate this late in the school year - any word about what went down ?
I have no idea, but he just turned 18 and wanted to live with his dad, who lives in Olympia. I have also heard that he was getting mixed up with a bad crowd at Bloomington? I'm not sure why he couldn't just wait until the season ended?

The situation is even more odd given the fact that his younger brother (Chris Payton) is still on the team.
Reply With Quote
  #228  
Old 03-08-2016, 02:34 PM
mvcfan mvcfan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 316
Default

I believe attitude and grades are an issue with Payton. Not saying that is the reason for the relocation. I know many believe he will not qualify, so maybe this is a last ditch effort to get some things straightened out.
Reply With Quote
  #229  
Old 03-08-2016, 03:44 PM
Da Coach Da Coach is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Peoria area
Posts: 35,189
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
Huge sectional game Wed night Metamora vs Manual
If anyone here is going, please give us a report on Nate and the Manual kids.
Reply With Quote
  #230  
Old 03-09-2016, 06:01 AM
turtle turtle is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: East Peoria
Posts: 93
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadguy35 View Post
I have no idea, but he just turned 18 and wanted to live with his dad, who lives in Olympia. I have also heard that he was getting mixed up with a bad crowd at Bloomington? I'm not sure why he couldn't just wait until the season ended?

The situation is even more odd given the fact that his younger brother (Chris Payton) is still on the team.
If he is 18 now - he may not be eligible next season - i havent read the age cut offs but being 19 during the season could do it
Reply With Quote
  #231  
Old 03-09-2016, 08:04 AM
Da Coach Da Coach is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Peoria area
Posts: 35,189
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
If he is 18 now - he may not be eligible next season - i havent read the age cut offs but being 19 during the season could do it
Age 19 is OK. The IHSA age limit is 20.

Here is a rules page. It is under section 5, at the top of the 2nd page-
http://www.ihsa.org/documents/forms/...es_lg_1516.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #232  
Old 03-12-2016, 02:25 AM
turtle turtle is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: East Peoria
Posts: 93
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tornado View Post
Manual loses an early game to Rockford Boylan 76-64
..stats not yet available
Rematch Tuesday in the state supersectionals
Reply With Quote
  #233  
Old 03-12-2016, 03:21 AM
tornado tornado is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 43,050
Default

AJ had a nice Sectional - still hope there's a chance he comes to Bradley but haven't heard anything
Reply With Quote
  #234  
Old 03-16-2016, 05:08 PM
turtle turtle is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: East Peoria
Posts: 93
Default

Manual to 3A semis at Carver - good chance to get into the title game - AJ and Demonte killing it in the playoff run -- nice turnouts by the Manual fans also
Reply With Quote
  #235  
Old 03-16-2016, 05:09 PM
turtle turtle is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: East Peoria
Posts: 93
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tornado View Post
AJ had a nice Sectional - still hope there's a chance he comes to Bradley but haven't heard anything
Looks like Wardle is running off a few freshmen so maybe - I think he is as good or better than Kennell
Reply With Quote
  #236  
Old 03-16-2016, 05:42 PM
sam hannam sam hannam is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Peoria
Posts: 280
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
Manual to 3A semis at Carver - good chance to get into the title game - AJ and Demonte killing it in the playoff run -- nice turnouts by the Manual fans also
It was reported that the fan bus was an hour late after breaking down on it's way to the game.
Reply With Quote
  #237  
Old 03-16-2016, 05:55 PM
DeanMartin DeanMartin is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
Looks like Wardle is running off a few freshmen so maybe - I think he is as good or better than Kennell
I agree with you Youngman definitely looks better, and he is a year younger. I'm hearing that quite a few Hi-Majors are jumping on him now. Wardle should offer that kid as fast as he can. I'm not sure if we would have a chance now or not. Snooze you lose, I guess
Reply With Quote
  #238  
Old 03-16-2016, 08:12 PM
tornado tornado is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 43,050
Default

are there any other dynamics going on...
used to be that even if Bradley wanted & offered a Manual kid -that there were "issues" and they couldn't get in the door there...
Coach Molinari himself spoke of certain issues that kept any player from Manual away from BU...
Reply With Quote
  #239  
Old 03-16-2016, 09:00 PM
turtle turtle is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: East Peoria
Posts: 93
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tornado View Post
are there any other dynamics going on...
used to be that even if Bradley wanted & offered a Manual kid -that there were "issues" and they couldn't get in the door there...
Coach Molinari himself spoke of certain issues that kept any player from Manual away from BU...
Youngman has had visits to Vanderbilt among others - no worries if its about grades
Reply With Quote
  #240  
Old 03-16-2016, 10:59 PM
tornado tornado is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 43,050
Default

no, I mean simple personal issues dating back to the expectation of Molinari hiring a Manual guy for an assistant - then it never got done so the Manual players were guided away from the Hilltop.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   BradleyFans.com Forums > Sports Forums > Recruits and recruiting



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:37 PM.
vBulletin Skins by: Skins-N-Styles.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
BradleyFans.com is not affiliated with Bradley University