Go Back   BradleyFans.com Forums > Sports Forums > Basketball Fan talk

Old 01-22-2018, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub View Post
This team has a fighters chance for a 20 win season in a tough Valley year... which would mark a good progression step in this rebuild.

I agree with those of you who feel that landing recruits of ever-higher caliber is so key for this program.
I agree.
Even if they fall just short of the 20-win goal, they'll get a chance to win another one or more in the MVC Tournament.
Plus, I'd like to see them play in a post-season tournament, even if they don't make the NCAA or NIT.
I know there are a lot of people who are not fans of the CBI, CIT, & Vegas Tournament, and I am not a real big fan either. But in certain circumstances like this rebuilding and relatively young team, and a loyal fan base that is starved for success and has seen only a single post-season appearance in the last 9 years (the CIT tournament in 2013), I think it would be a good thing for both players and fans.
Old 01-22-2018, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Coach View Post
I agree.
Even if they fall just short of the 20-win goal, they'll get a chance to win another one or more in the MVC Tournament.
Plus, I'd like to see them play in a post-season tournament, even if they don't make the NCAA or NIT.
I know there are a lot of people who are not fans of the CBI, CIT, & Vegas Tournament, and I am not a real big fan either. But in certain circumstances like this rebuilding and relatively young team, and a loyal fan base that is starved for success and has seen only a single post-season appearance in the last 9 years (the CIT tournament in 2013), I think it would be a good thing for both players and fans.
I agree 100%. This is the kind of team that needs to play in a postseason tournament. In my opinion this is what those tournaments (CBI and CIT) are for. It would be fun for the fan base after many years of disappointment but even more important for the current group to get more experience in high pressure situations. I would expect us to accept a bid as we are well on our way with 14 total wins.
Old 01-22-2018, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUfan39 View Post
I agree 100%. This is the kind of team that needs to play in a postseason tournament. In my opinion this is what those tournaments (CBI and CIT) are for. It would be fun for the fan base after many years of disappointment but even more important for the current group to get more experience in high pressure situations. I would expect us to accept a bid as we are well on our way with 14 total wins.
Yes. I agree too. I am going to be looking for the solution to the road game lows. I know Coach is going to implement something. Maybe it will be the set plays. I did educate myself a little on the set play thing that someone had mentioned for the solution to the road game lulls we have.
Old 01-22-2018, 03:06 PM

Watch for set plays out of time-outs, or when Missouri State tries to go to a zone defense against Bradley. That is when Bradley usually tries some kind of set play. MSU Head Coach Paul Lusk likes to play a bit more zone than many of the MVC coaches, even though he came out of the Gene Keady/Matt Painter coaching tree at Purdue where they played almost exclusively man-to-man defense.

Against man-to-man, Bradley almost always stays in a pattern motion offense using high ball screens.

Go Back   BradleyFans.com Forums > Sports Forums > Basketball Fan talk