Go Back   BradleyFans.com Forums > Sports Forums > Basketball Fan talk

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-06-2018, 08:06 PM
wizard wizard is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Peoria
Posts: 667
Angry Awful!!....An Embarassment!!

Apparently bus trips tire our guys and sap their energy. IMO this was at least three steps backward for the program this year. BU cannot reliably take care of the ball even against a mediocre team. Bar was awful; He cannot catch the ball; He has no toughness at all; and he does not use his height or jump very high off the floor. Brown can't free himself for open shots and makes some terrible decisions for a point guard; Hodgden can't shoot; Kennell does not play hard.
We seem to have no energy and even our defense was slow and lacked energy.
I hope that this game was not a turning point for the season in the wrong direction. The coaches have a lot of thinking and work to do.
And by the way....Where in the world did ESPN come up with these announcers? All they do is talk-talk-talk but their game coverage is non-existent. Joe Downs just won't shut up and allow viewers to watch the game.
Wizard
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-06-2018, 08:26 PM
Braves2006's Avatar
Braves2006 Braves2006 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Peoria
Posts: 460
Default

I’m not seeing a conference road win that’s for sure. Would be great to go undefeated at home, but we will probably get burned once or twice there. Realistically, it looks like a 7-11, maybe 8-10 conference record right now.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-06-2018, 08:27 PM
wily coyote's Avatar
wily coyote wily coyote is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: airport area
Posts: 2,349
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard View Post
Apparently bus trips tire our guys and sap their energy. IMO this was at least three steps backward for the program this year. BU cannot reliably take care of the ball even against a mediocre team. Bar was awful; He cannot catch the ball; He has no toughness at all; and he does not use his height or jump very high off the floor. Brown can't free himself for open shots and makes some terrible decisions for a point guard; Hodgden can't shoot; Kennell does not play hard.
We seem to have no energy and even our defense was slow and lacked energy.
I hope that this game was not a turning point for the season in the wrong direction. The coaches have a lot of thinking and work to do.
And by the way....Where in the world did ESPN come up with these announcers? All they do is talk-talk-talk but their game coverage is non-existent. Joe Downs just won't shut up and allow viewers to watch the game.
Wizard
I would like to disagree with you 100% but I find myself agreeing with you totally. That game was an embarassment. Just when I thought we were out of Thur. night this team shows up.Only recognized 2 players in Red uni's.
We have some kids who better do some soul searching because it won't take much to replace them.

Last edited by wily coyote; 01-07-2018 at 10:31 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-06-2018, 08:54 PM
patrick_o'brian's Avatar
patrick_o'brian patrick_o'brian is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Farmington,Il
Posts: 712
Default

I’m with Wily on this one. I would usually find something positive, but this game was tough to watch. I was surprised there was an Ameren Player of the game. Conference road game or not, you cannot go into Evansville and get beat this bad. There is no silver lining to a bad loss like this. Hopefully the other BU team shows up on Tuesday because I don’t know who the hell these guys were today.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-06-2018, 10:03 PM
Braves2006's Avatar
Braves2006 Braves2006 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Peoria
Posts: 460
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_o'brian View Post
There is no silver lining to a bad loss like this. Hopefully the other BU team shows up on Tuesday because I donít know who the hell these guys were today.
Exactly.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-06-2018, 11:27 PM
BU212121 BU212121 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 75
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard View Post
Apparently bus trips tire our guys and sap their energy. IMO this was at least three steps backward for the program this year. BU cannot reliably take care of the ball even against a mediocre team. Bar was awful; He cannot catch the ball; He has no toughness at all; and he does not use his height or jump very high off the floor. Brown can't free himself for open shots and makes some terrible decisions for a point guard; Hodgden can't shoot; Kennell does not play hard.
We seem to have no energy and even our defense was slow and lacked energy.
I hope that this game was not a turning point for the season in the wrong direction. The coaches have a lot of thinking and work to do.
And by the way....Where in the world did ESPN come up with these announcers? All they do is talk-talk-talk but their game coverage is non-existent. Joe Downs just won't shut up and allow viewers to watch the game.
Wizard
The Bradley fan base is more overly emotional than most fan bases. The team is fine. We are in year 3 of a horrific rebuild. We are at the stage where Years 3 and 4 will be average years. We will have ups and downs. Sit back and enjoy the ride, maybe something unexpected will come of it. We won’t play on Thursday for the first time in 7 years (this would be year 8 ). Book it.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-07-2018, 12:17 AM
AZ BU Fan's Avatar
AZ BU Fan AZ BU Fan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Buckeye, AZ
Posts: 3,502
Default Losing Faith

If BU doesn't show more progress soon, I may give up and start following, and rooting for, UC-D!

.
__________________
BUilding for the Future
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-07-2018, 12:23 AM
Braves2006's Avatar
Braves2006 Braves2006 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Peoria
Posts: 460
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BU212121 View Post
The Bradley fan base is more overly emotional than most fan bases. The team is fine. We are in year 3 of a horrific rebuild. We are at the stage where Years 3 and 4 will be average years. We will have ups and downs. Sit back and enjoy the ride, maybe something unexpected will come of it. We wonít play on Thursday for the first time in 7 years (this would be year 8 ). Book it.
Iím sick of the ride
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-07-2018, 09:27 AM
tornado's Avatar
tornado tornado is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 43,543
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ BU Fan View Post
If BU doesn't show more progress soon, I may give up and start following, and rooting for, UC-D!

.
easy to do, they are a fun team to watch
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-07-2018, 11:08 AM
Chico Chico is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Peoria-Mesa
Posts: 5,011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ BU Fan View Post
If BU doesn't show more progress soon, I may give up and start following, and rooting for, UC-D!

.
You mean you donít already. Sure miss your contest. Enjoy the weather.
__________________
What part of illegal don't you understand?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-09-2018, 12:55 PM
LittleBrave's Avatar
LittleBrave LittleBrave is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 2,832
Default

I think/hope we are overreacting.
That was an awful/disgusting game.
We play very well at home - need to translate the way we play from home to the road.

I'm not going to jump off the boat and say that the program is falling apart again. We are still on the rise.
I expect us to improve on the road from here on out.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-09-2018, 02:04 PM
BUfan39's Avatar
BUfan39 BUfan39 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Peoria, IL
Posts: 153
Default

While I agree that Saturday was by far the worst game that weíve played all season, I agree with this post. I think we are all overreacting just a tad. We did play fairly well at Drake, especially considering now that they are 4-0 in the league. We played really well on the road at SEMO in recent memory. We play well at home and find a way to gut through tough moments behind the Carver crowd. Letís move on from the Evansville debacle and push forward. We can definitely still compete for the 3-6 spot in the league. There are going to be a lot of close games in the league this year.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   BradleyFans.com Forums > Sports Forums > Basketball Fan talk



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:50 PM.
vBulletin Skins by: Skins-N-Styles.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
BradleyFans.com is not affiliated with Bradley University