Go Back   BradleyFans.com Forums > Sports Forums > Basketball Fan talk

Old 01-13-2018, 06:00 PM

Yes, you're right, it did. But even the JL detractors would have to admit that season was an aberration with 2 All MVC starters lost for the entire year. The 5 seasons before that, they averaged over 20 wins per season, and that 2011 season Bradley was picked in the top half of the MVC.
Old 01-13-2018, 06:02 PM

Final score: Loyola 81 Bradley 65
http://stats.statbroadcast.com/mobile/?id=189599
Old 01-13-2018, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carter View Post
I agree Vent,tired of hearing about nice young men.We need some mean thug type players
I don’t know about mean thugs. They just need talent and at this point I don’t know if Wardell is capable of getting what you need to win.
Old 01-13-2018, 07:16 PM

Wow. Step back from the bridge. We’ve got one SR. No need to take the big leap. The Ramblers are the 2nd most talented team in the MVC. I’think Bar should’ve gotten Atleast a 2nd stretch of time. He’s shown some signs of life here and there. We lost the 2nd half by one point. What do you want from him? We do have to get better . Bottom line. Get to work. I look for us to bounce back and play our best game of the year .
Old 01-13-2018, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradleyfan1 View Post
I look for us to bounce back and play our best game of the year .
Birds by 27
Old 01-13-2018, 07:47 PM

They’re starting to pull away from SIU. It’s possible we get blown out again.

Hopefully not! Let’s go BU.
Old 01-13-2018, 07:59 PM

Quote:
They’re starting to pull away from SIU. It’s possible we get blown out again.

Hopefully not! Let’s go BU.
Ahhh... but a sudden turn of events!

Edit: SIU 74 ISU 70
Old 01-13-2018, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Coach View Post
Yes, you're right, it did. But even the JL detractors would have to admit that season was an aberration with 2 All MVC starters lost for the entire year. The 5 seasons before that, they averaged over 20 wins per season, and that 2011 season Bradley was picked in the top half of the MVC.
Exactly and I might point out “that valley” with Creighton and Wichita in the valley it was an even tougher conferencebthan we have today.
Old 01-13-2018, 08:54 PM

we simply can't start every single game with a predictable game plan that every other team in the MVC has thoroughly figured out and we have 3-4 fouls, 3-4 turnovers and 3-4 missed interior defensive assignments in the VERY FIRST 3-4 minutes!!!

As usual, we were down 6-0 before you could blink and down double digits by the 10 min mark...
By then we already have a couple guys in foul trouble and we lose confidence.
Old 01-13-2018, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Wow. Step back from the bridge. We’ve got one SR. No need to take the big leap. The Ramblers are the 2nd most talented team in the MVC. I’think Bar should’ve gotten Atleast a 2nd stretch of time. He’s shown some signs of life here and there. We lost the 2nd half by one point. What do you want from him? We do have to get better . Bottom line. Get to work. I look for us to bounce back and play our best game of the year .
I have to disagree with you regarding Bar. There is a reason we only lost the 2nd half by 1 and you hit it right on the head. Bar did not see the floor. Right now this team is not very good and heading for THUR. NIGHT AGAIN. No leaders, no shooters, no toughness, no defense, no people diving on the floor for loose balls, no help defense, what am I missing? When they get all that corrected maybe we won't have to worry about bridge jumpers. 3 really p-ss poor games in a row. Please explain what your watching or what I'm missing?
Old 01-13-2018, 10:56 PM

Unhappy 1 Step Forward-3 Steps Backward

I'm beginning to wonder if BW really has what it takes to turn this program around. Our recruiting has been "Ho-Hum", Our bigs can't play very well, our offense is not consistant, we can't seem to find the kind of big-talented-nasty players that we need, BWs PR is not really great, and he can't seem to inspire our players for tough games or road games against MVC teams. How long do we have to wait before things start getting better? I hope I'm wrong in all of this but things don't look too good at this point.
Wizard
Old 01-13-2018, 11:19 PM

I still do believe that BW can get the job done. I also believe that Childs and Stipo look like they could be some pretty good players/recruits. That being said....there are a few red flags in my book... one being when BW said in the postgame today that he and the other coaches “implored the players to communicate with each other, but they wouldn’t listen....there was silence...”.
Old 01-14-2018, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard View Post
I'm beginning to wonder if BW really has what it takes to turn this program around. Our recruiting has been "Ho-Hum", Our bigs can't play very well, our offense is not consistant, we can't seem to find the kind of big-talented-nasty players that we need, BWs PR is not really great, and he can't seem to inspire our players for tough games or road games against MVC teams. How long do we have to wait before things start getting better? I hope I'm wrong in all of this but things don't look too good at this point.
Wizard
I have to agree with you. Although Wardle's first class of recruits was limited with his late hire, he is now in the process of recruiting his fourth class of student athletes. In my opinion there are only two players in all of those classes, one a sophomore and one a freshman, that would get any playing time on a Les, Molinari or Versace team. The time for excuses is over. Unless the caliber of talent is improved, this program will continue to be mired in mediocre teams at best, weak non-conference schedules, dwindling season tickets and 4,800-5,200 actual people at home games. I don't question the character of his players, their dedication or the coach's dedication. I do question his ability to recruit better players than we currently have going into his fourth recruiting class. Whether it's his fault or the curriculum at the school, I don't know, but it isn't very good. The program is more stable than it was when Wardle arrived, but it still isn't very good.
Old 01-14-2018, 08:19 AM

speaking of...
it was nice to see & meet up with Dick Versace & Carl Maniscalco at the Loyola game...
and our AD also greeted them and sat with them - a far cry from how those great past Bradley Braves have been treated by former admin...
Old 01-14-2018, 09:20 AM

Hopefully he will invite some of the previous coaches and players to the home games.
Old 01-15-2018, 05:33 PM

Here's a photo of the over 400 people from Bradley who were there

Dick Versace is just beyond Callum Barker & next to Carl Maniscalco
https://www.flickr.com/photos/bradle...7664713251608/

the box score cited 2814 as the attendance, but I'd say given the empty seats there were probably about 2000 there - so the Bradley fans comprised 20-25%
Old 01-15-2018, 06:31 PM

Those were mainly the ones who attended the Bradley alumni sponsored pregame event. There were many other Bradley fans scattered throughout the crowd.

Go Back   BradleyFans.com Forums > Sports Forums > Basketball Fan talk