Go Back   BradleyFans.com Forums > Sports Forums > Basketball Fan talk

Old 01-09-2018, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Coach View Post
One other thing I noticed. Tonight's officiating crew was Mike Stuart, Gerry Pollard, and Kelly Self- 3 guys with a history of highly active whistles, and calling a ton of fouls. But tonight I thought they did a pretty good job and did not call many fouls. There were just 16 total fouls on each team, and only 38 free throw attempts combined. I thought they did miss a couple of out-of-bounds calls under the Bradley basket that appeared should have gone to Bradley but were awarded to SIU, but otherwise, they let the teams play without blowing their whistles so much.
I agree. This was refreshing.
Old 01-09-2018, 11:26 PM

Last season we really continued to improve all the way to the conf tourney. At the outset of this season it felt like our improvement picked up where we left off... but frankly the past 3-5 games I haven’t seen any. I hope the staff and our student leadership can jar this bunch back into the forward progression we need. I still don’t really see a clear cut floor leader on our team and that disappoints me.

Never a bad night though, when you down the dogs. Go braves.
Old 01-09-2018, 11:29 PM

Default Glad For The Win

Quote:
Originally Posted by wily coyote View Post
PFC a lot better than the way we played. Thanks for asking. Hopefully we'll get better soon and it better be real soon.
I am with you. Coach Wardle was disappointed at some of the play when he was with Snell and Klein on the post game show. Coach said a couple of times that we need to get to offensive consistency. He said other things too, but that one stuck in my mind.

It was a nail biter until the final minute. SIU would close on us, but we kept pulling ahead every time they closed.

For some reason, I expected SIU to be an easier opponent. I really liked our defense at the end, when we had 5 at the 3 point line. It looked like a defensive line in a football game . I had never seen that before and it made perfect sense as 2 points would have done SIU no good at all.

13 wins matches last year. Even though we are inconsistent, I am happy we have already eclipsed last years win total. Here's hoping we get the offensive consistency really quick and that you keep getting your favorite dessert!

GO BRAVES!!
Old 01-09-2018, 11:32 PM

Also- for those of you that have been at the games, there is a group of sunglasses-wearing fans that hold up a large, professionally made banner during timeouts that reads “dim the lights“ on one side and “lights down” on the other.

I sat behind them tonight and spoke with them about this, and it seems that they want to try to re-create the lit up stage type atmosphere that we had in the field house by dimming the crowd lights.

I would like that as well, but I am not sure it would ever gain traction in our safety culture.
Old 01-09-2018, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub View Post
Also- for those of you that have been at the games, there is a group of sunglasses-wearing fans that hold up a large, professionally made banner during timeouts that reads “dim the lights“ on one side and “lights down” on the other.

I sat behind them tonight and spoke with them about this, and it seems that they want to try to re-create the lit up stage type atmosphere that we had in the field house by dimming the crowd lights.

I would like that as well, but I am not sure it would ever gain traction in our safety culture.
I haven’t noticed this. Where are they sitting?
Old 01-09-2018, 11:58 PM

Sec 11 lower bowl. The first row of permanent seats.
Old 01-10-2018, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braves2006 View Post
Thankful for the W... But this was really hard to watch. Seems like we are falling off the rails a bit the past 2 games. What happened to Kennell?
This sophomore slump has happened to almost every solid BU player. I don't get it, but guess it's the norm - hopefully all across the country and not just our guys.

Sometimes we have players emerge as sophomores, but typically, if our freshman have a good season, they struggle the next season.

With that said, Kennel and Brown are having good seasons - just hitting a rough patch lately.

Hodgson is a smart player, but not very athletic and not sure why he's on the court so much. We need K. Barr's size - that's why he gets lots of minutes, and I feel he has good touch - just can't hold the ball.
Old 01-10-2018, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braves2006 View Post
I agree. This was refreshing.
Yes it was, though Bradley molested SIU at least 2 times and no whistle was blown.
Old 01-10-2018, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub View Post

Dimming the crowd lights? I was shocked my last visit to Carver when the crowd was so dark - looked lifeless. I hope they turn UP the lights like at most other arenas.
Old 01-10-2018, 09:56 AM

Donte Thomas is really growing on me the past 2 seasons.
He deserves a lot of credit for sticking with the program at its lowest point - for working so hard to improve to where he is now.
Really hope he is on MVC 2nd team at very least.

I think he's one of my top 3 favorite Braves to suit up in the past 10 seasons (since the 2006-07 NIT team)

Can't say enough about Luk Von Brae and what he brings to the team - gave us another spark last night with a block and assist to give us breathing room - then made a big 3. Thankful he got more PT last night.
Old 01-10-2018, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBrave View Post
Donte Thomas is really growing on me the past 2 seasons.
He deserves a lot of credit for sticking with the program at its lowest point - for working so hard to improve to where he is now.
Really hope he is on MVC 2nd team at very least.

I think he's one of my top 3 favorite Braves to suit up in the past 10 seasons (since the 2006-07 NIT team)

Can't say enough about Luk Von Brae and what he brings to the team - gave us another spark last night with a block and assist to give us breathing room - then made a big 3. Thankful he got more PT last night.
One of my favorite Braves of all time was Theron Wilson. He had such a motor and will to win. I'm starting to see that in Donte and it's such a pleasure to watch. I would love nothing more than to send Donte out with a trip to some kind of postseason tournament which looks likely now with 13 wins. He deserves it for as hard as he's worked and for sticking it out.
Old 01-10-2018, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Coach View Post
Bradley is a 6 point favorite in Las Vegas.
Prophetic...
Old 01-10-2018, 06:39 PM

Exclamation K. Bar

Little Brave...... I hate to disagree with you but IMO we do not need K. Bar that much......Overall, he hurts us with bad hands, turnovers, no toughness, and he doesn't really jump that well which negates his size. Playing Luc V.B. at the 5 would only cost us an inch or two but would add to our height because at 6' 9" Luc jumps reasonably well and would create some difficult match ups for our opponents. With Thomas and Childs at the 3 and 4, we would go 6'7"-6'7"and 6'9" at the front which is fairly good size. I believe Luc could become a very good 5. He has shown moves and quickness at the post which are very good and would be a great improvement over K. Bar.
Wizard
Old 01-10-2018, 11:16 PM

Can’t forget Bar is just a Soph.

I like LVP at the 5 with Childs And DT , I also like JH and DBJ.

Enough can not be said about Thomas.

Let’s go beat the Ramblers.
Old 01-10-2018, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard View Post
Little Brave...... I hate to disagree with you but IMO we do not need K. Bar that much......Overall, he hurts us with bad hands, turnovers, no toughness, and he doesn't really jump that well which negates his size. Playing Luc V.B. at the 5 would only cost us an inch or two but would add to our height because at 6' 9" Luc jumps reasonably well and would create some difficult match ups for our opponents. With Thomas and Childs at the 3 and 4, we would go 6'7"-6'7"and 6'9" at the front which is fairly good size. I believe Luc could become a very good 5. He has shown moves and quickness at the post which are very good and would be a great improvement over K. Bar.
Wizard
It's ok Wiz - good points. I saw a lot of good things from K. Barr last season. I think he can still develop into a nice 5 for us by next season and into his senior season. He needs to take care of the ball more - I can see his confidence slipping some.

Go Back   BradleyFans.com Forums > Sports Forums > Basketball Fan talk