Go Back   BradleyFans.com Forums > Sports Forums > Basketball Fan talk

Old 12-03-2017, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YATittle View Post
Bruninga only had one shot attempt in the game. Most of the time he was involved in setting picks.
Yes, but there is another reason he can't get shots off against big more athletic defenders. In high school, he was able to simply shoot over defenders, but that doesn't work as well in D1. Like most small school big kids, he has never developed the ability to dribble and create better shots. That is why he has become almost exclusively a three point shooter. He has only attempted 9 two-point shots, and he has made only 4 two point shots all year. And we haven't even mentioned his obvious defensive or his rebounding deficiencies. He only has 24 rebounds in 8 games, despite being the tallest player on the floor for ISU, and 9 of them were against a small Division II Quincy team.
I still like his potential, but as I've said, a redshirt year would have helped him greatly. I'd expect to see him improve as the season progresses, but his playing time will probably take a big hit when Ndiaye is ready to return.

Go Back   BradleyFans.com Forums > Sports Forums > Basketball Fan talk