Go Back   BradleyFans.com Forums > Sports Forums > Basketball Fan talk

Old 12-02-2017, 10:59 AM

We are just starting to see how good Elijah Childs can be, but maybe it is no surprise...
..he was good in high school and underappreciated possibly due to having two other DI recruits on his team..
..and he scored double digits the first time he ever stepped foot on the floor in an exhibition game, then against Vermont - the best team we have played so far - Elijah put up 12 pts & 11 rebounds in just 15 minutes of play...

If the kid gets 25-30 minutes, he could be putting up 15/15 or better every nite -
I think he's got a very good shot at Freshman of the Year in the Valley if he can stay healthy.
Old 12-02-2017, 11:29 AM

Childs will defintiely be on the All Freshman team barring injury. But because UNI has played a couple marquee national TV games, and because Tywhon Pickford has put up good numbers (he is currently averaging 10.1 ppg and leading the MVC in rebounding at 11.1 rpg), he has all the hype behind him right now and has the advantage for FOY. He'd have to really fade and drop off a lot for someone else to move ahead of him in voters' minds. But I am pretty satisfied with Childs. I think he could have the better upside.
Old 12-03-2017, 09:07 AM

Childs is among the conference leaders in rebounds, blocked shots & FG percentage - the only freshman to be among the leaders in more than one stat category

Go Back   BradleyFans.com Forums > Sports Forums > Basketball Fan talk