Go Back   BradleyFans.com Forums > Sports Forums > General Sports discussions

Old 12-10-2014, 09:13 AM

Time cops out again and does not name a specific "Person of the Year", although there isn't much that is more irrelevant than Time Magazine these days.

Their 2014 Time Person of the Year is.....
THE EBOLA FIGHTERS
http://time.com/time-person-of-the-y...ghters-choice/
Old 12-10-2014, 10:24 AM

well - interesting - after literally hundreds of reports of how the "Ebola experts" and Ebola fighters have bumbled their jobs,
recklessly exposed themselves and others to Ebola, made terrible decisions about quarantining infected & exposed individuals,
waited way too long to impose travel restrictions, and unfortunately even infected themselves at a rate far in excess
of what would be expected had they followed proper isolation techniques...

...but I do honor that many of those individuals are brave & are volunteering their efforts to help...but then, they've been doing so for the last 30 years when nobody noticed....
Old 12-15-2014, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChewaBrave View Post
Don't disagree with you on much of what you said regarding the protesters, but you still seem confused. The person of the year is about influence, not good or evil.
Only influence they have is on the ones who are looking for a place to burn down regardless of the facts. Peoria had a protest yesterday. One protestor said he afraid to drive the streets because of the police. Bull----. I'm afraid to walk my old neighborhood and it's not because of the police. Like I always tell people like him, you walk in my neighborhood tonight and I'll walk yours. Want to bet who gets further.
Old 12-15-2014, 10:50 AM

neighborhoods with bad crime problems need more police not less and certainly not police who are handcuffed and won't be effective as a result of threats & lawsuits
Old 12-15-2014, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tornado View Post
neighborhoods with bad crime problems need more police not less and certainly not police who are handcuffed and won't be effective as a result of threats & lawsuits
Try telling that to the so called Reverends.
Old 12-23-2014, 08:13 PM

sadly it looks like maybe Time should revisit and name the protester as person of the year - they sure are creating a lot of headlines & chaos, meanwhile nobody's even reporting on Ebola anymore
Old 12-23-2014, 09:34 PM

How come they are not acting like animals in New York because of 2 innocent police officers being killed?
Old 06-18-2015, 01:35 PM

here's an odd twist on protesters...

I guess most of those protesters in Ferguson, MO were thought to be genine people who cared about the issues - but now we know otherwise...

a big percentage of them were simply hired - offered payment to show up
AND ACT LIKE PROTESTERS!!

but guess what they are protesting now...
they were not paid -- now they want their money from ACORN
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Fer.../25/id/646587/
http://therightscoop.com/protesters-...eing-paid-lol/
Old 06-18-2015, 02:49 PM

Quote:
here's an odd twist on protesters...

I guess most of those protesters in Ferguson, MO were thought to be genine people who cared about the issues - but now we know otherwise...

a big percentage of them were simply hired - offered payment to show up
AND ACT LIKE PROTESTERS!!

but guess what they are protesting now...
they were not paid -- now they want their money from ACORN
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Fer.../25/id/646587/
http://therightscoop.com/protesters-...eing-paid-lol/
If they were dumb enough to believe ACORN, they deserve what happens.
Old 07-22-2016, 02:10 PM

seems we now have "protesting" evolving into the extreme form of protesting - people who literally do it continually driving from one protest to the next - sometimes even getting violent/deadly...
..doesn't surprise me since we glorified them as such great and important people in history..

seems we saw this coming five years ago-
Quote:
just my two cents --
... we'd better be careful when celebrating "protesters" without first checking what those protesters ushered in...
history shows that a LARGE percentage of protests gain us nothing and some result in substantially worse outcome...

All some protests do is help tear down the old system - then the door is open for the next system to come along....the "protesters" are often just rolling the dice hoping for something better but guaranteeing NOTHING.

To honor the protesters but NOT look at what their protests result in - is like honoring an eraser but ignoring what then gets written on the empty chalkboard
Old 07-24-2016, 07:46 PM

Exclamation I Apologize For Being White

With all the protests by minorities, and other liberals who support them, it has become obvious I have to apologize for being 'white'.

So here it goes:
  • I apologize for being 'white'
  • I apologize for having two parents in my family who did their best to support me
  • I apologize for respecting my parents
  • I apologize for not using or selling illegal drugs or underage drinking/smoking
  • I apologize for obeying laws, civil rules, and people in authority, even if I disagree with them
  • I apologize for going to school and studying on my own
  • I apologize for learning to speak and write 'ENGLISH'
  • I apologize for not using profanity every other word
  • I apologize for not blaming others whenever I had an obstacle in my path
  • I apologize for working to afford to go to college and get a degree
  • I apologize for not committing criminal acts, not vandalizing, not littering and not stealing other people's money/property
  • I apologize for not getting multiple underage women pregnant and abandoning them and my children to fend for themselves
  • I apologize for getting married and raising a family without gov help/charity
  • I apologize for not taking welfare, unemployment, and thinking everyone else should support me (food, clothes, utilities, cell phone, backpacks, bikes, jackets, toys etc)
  • I apologize for not getting tattoos and piercings
  • I apologize for not wearing pants/underwear below my butt crack
  • I apologize for not following radical white racists
  • I apologize for saving money vs buying video games, expensive athletic shoes, drugs, alcohol, cigarettes, etc.
  • I apologize for not joining gangs

If I forgot anything else I should apologize for, I certainly apologize for those too.

If you want black lives to matter, make black lives worth mattering about.
Old 07-24-2016, 08:45 PM

AZ, I was with you until the last line. I still believe it is just a small portion of people who make all the noise and commotion. Unfortunately, they get all the attention.
Old 07-24-2016, 09:44 PM

As, agree with all of it. But that's how you get in trouble. Telling it like it is.
Old 10-22-2016, 04:17 PM

Is anyone offended by these continued copycat, me-too, attention-seeking protests with the national anthem?

Last night this woman sang the national anthem at an NBA preseason game in Miami while kneeling.
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nb...109849502.html

It has become so passe' that other than offending millions of people and driving fans away, nobody really gives a s**t any more. But I expect we'll continue to see more of these actions as the basketball season progresses.

Old 10-22-2016, 08:09 PM

Default I don't mind this "IF"

I don't mind this if anyone wanting to honor the police killed in Dallas or remembering 9/11 is let to do so. That is why I no long watch any NFL games.
If the NBA stops anyone honoring fallen Policemen or remembering 9/11 as the NFL did. Then I guess I won't watch the NBA either.
Old 01-23-2017, 02:15 PM

Kinda seems like everyone is a protester nowadays...but in revisiting this thread...I'm wondering if all of this was for naught..
In the way distant past (slavery, suffrage, civil rights..) some protests have had huge impacts on history!

Go back to the beginning and note who it was that was protesting at the time that caused TIME mag to name the protester as the person of the year...

This time, it was the protesters in the Arab & Muslim nations that wanted more freedom..
but how successful were they - after a little initial period of success...things turned around massively...

now in all those nations where Time was patting the protesters on the back for a job well done, they are being oppressed as badly as ever.
Egypt, Tunisia, Libya, Yemen,and even Syria....
yup - sadly being slaughtered by the thousands and risking their lives on rafts just to get out of those nations...while other nations stand by..
Erdogan was the top individual choice as Person of the Year and yet he has killed and imprisoned thousands who rebelled against him.

Even here in America, a lot of protests like Occupy Wall Street, protests again Trump's nomination or election, protests against police & gobs of other things have been far, far less effective in accomplishing anything recognizable than protests in the past have done.... and they may have led to the police backing off those communities and crime/murder rates soaring!
They may have accomplished the exact opposite of what they wanted.

Now there's been a bunch more big protests here in America - supposedly protests for "Rights" - not exactly specified what all rights they are talking about but I doubt they can find a nation that gives them more rights than they have here in the US.

Or are protests getting less effective?
https://www.bustle.com/p/do-politica...anything-29952
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...occupy-protest
Old 09-22-2017, 06:51 PM

Saw where a midget league coach down in Bellville had his team go to one knee during the National Athem.
Old 09-23-2017, 06:03 AM

I guess we live in a free country-
they should be thankful they can do that in this great country...
Someone should do a study to see if those "protests" have ever actually helped the situation that they are intending... I suspect not. I think it only further alienates people with opposing opinions.

As I said before- as long as we keep patting the protesters on the back and saying they're doing a great job and we give them the Time Persons of the Year award...then it is only going to get worse.
Old 09-24-2017, 09:49 PM

Found out today that there are other things to watch on TV besides sports and overpaid poor mistreated so called athletes.
Old 09-25-2017, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico View Post
.... overpaid poor mistreated so called athletes.
indeed - supposed professionals who cost their team points and a potential win just do do their celebrations and protests on the field..

There is some rumoring that Cooper was preparing to kneel before scoring the TD so he'd get a ton of "publicity"...but it backfired big time and now he's being hailed as a complete fool in the entire sports world
http://nypost.com/2017/09/24/bear-st...y-of-the-year/

Go Back   BradleyFans.com Forums > Sports Forums > General Sports discussions