Go Back   BradleyFans.com Forums > Sports Forums > Recruits and recruiting

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 10-27-2017, 08:52 AM
PTownHawkeye's Avatar
PTownHawkeye PTownHawkeye is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Dunlap
Posts: 815
Default

Christian Williams is leaving Iowa and will transfer at semester break. He wants to be "closer to home" which pretty much means Bradley, ISU (blue or red) or SLU since they are about the only D1 schools closer than Iowa City to his home.

He's not a true PG but had to play that role at Iowa since they have a full roster of 2's and 3's. He is NOT a shooter at all, but can take the ball to the hole and can defend multiple positions. I'm guessing he'd start at the 3 or be one of the first off the bench next year.

I'll predict that BW goes after Christian. He'd be eligible 2nd semester next year then have 1 full year remaining.

http://hawkeyesports.com/news/2017/1...-transfer.aspx
__________________
#DunkOnYou
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 10-27-2017, 09:26 AM
Da Coach Da Coach is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Peoria area
Posts: 35,458
Default

As I posted last night, I didn't think Bradley would be the best destination for him.
We do not have any open scholarships, and that would be near-impossible to get Williams to transfer to Bradley if he has to pay his own way.
And Wardle has shown that he is not a big fan of transfers from other schools. The only one he has taken, Alex Foster, never benefitted Bradley at all.


Here are his statistics for his 2 seasons at Iowa, not very pretty-
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...stian-williams

Like you say, he is not much of a shooter. He only averaged 2.4 ppg last season, and shot 35% overall, and just 15% from three. Those are bad numbers from someone who plays mostly on the perimeter. He only averaged 1.6 rpg, and he shot barely 50% on free throws.
I really like his athleticism, and since we lose our 2 most athletic guys after this year (Donte Thomas & Jojo McGlaston) that is something I believe the coaches are looking to add. But I don't know if he is the right fit for Wardle's style.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 11-19-2017, 07:55 PM
Da Coach Da Coach is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Peoria area
Posts: 35,458
Default

Christian Williams, who left Iowa 3 weks ago announced he will transfer to Indiana State.
https://twitter.com/cwill_20/status/932401103190228992
Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   BradleyFans.com Forums > Sports Forums > Recruits and recruiting



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:32 PM.
vBulletin Skins by: Skins-N-Styles.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
BradleyFans.com is not affiliated with Bradley University